Lake Tahoe North Shore

Old Apr 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lake Tahoe North Shore

My husband and I are planning a 1 wk. trip July 11-18 to Lake Tahoe area (split time between North Shore and South Shore).
Looking for lodging ideas.... we like motels with pools (away from busy streets). Max. of $150 per night.

Interested in Kings Beach in North Shore and then Zephyrs Cove in South Shore.
What is your feedback?

thank you.
Judy
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 08:04 AM

There is one "major" road that circles the lake (conveniently called "N. Lakeshore Blvd" at least when it's in North Lake Tahoe between Kings Beach and Tahoe City). In that area, most of the lodging choices, and I think all the motels, are on that road. Some are on the lake side, some on the non-lake side, but all on that same stretch. It's 2 lanes in each direction. I don't think it would have any "impact" on you once inside your lodgings, the pool, etc., although I suppose some of the pools might be those 50s-style parking lot pool which would be visible from the road. There are probably more condo developments in that area than there are motels. Do you have the AAA book for Northern California? If not, I can look in it tonight (we almost always stay at Northstar now, and used to stay for a week each summer at Brockway Springs Resort in Kings Beach. Kings Beach is a funky beach town (there's a public beach in the middle of town).
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 09:44 AM

Our family spent a long weekend at Zephyr Cove resort several years ago and really liked it. I am not sure if it is what you are looking for though - they have cabins and a lodge right on the lake, a nice beach, and a dock where you can rent small boats, take a cruise a paddlewheeler, etc. I don't think they have a pool.

We've stayed at Brockway several times and liked it a lot. These are privately-owned condos, but are managed by a central management company. There isn't a beach on the property, but there is a beach nearby and a pool on the property. It is on the lake-side of the road and down the hill, so you aren't bothered at all by any traffic.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 09:47 AM

The pool at Brockway is in a spectacular setting - it isn't terribly fancy or large, but it is ON the lake. However, it's not a motel, but a condo development. It IS walking distance to Kings Beach, though. Click on the link and go to "The Resort" and you'll see an accurate picture.
Old Apr 1st, 2009, 09:48 AM

Oops, the link:

http://www.brockwaysprings.com/TheResort.htm
Old May 2nd, 2009, 04:16 PM

Hi, my favorite place is North Shore Lake Tahoe and a great nice restaurant that is a must visit in North Shore is Christie Hill. So good. If you're looking for a great deal on a Zephyr Cove lakeside cabin for about $70, try http://www.localgetaways.com/where-t...oe/zephyr-cove