Reload this Page >

Pacific Buffet - Framingham, Massachusetts

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Leslie

There is a new restaurant that recently opened in Framingham that is worth mentioning. The price of $17.95 for dinner, is on the high side, but for what you get it is well worth it. There is a cold table of fruit, salad stuff, king crab legs, shrimp and cherry stones. There are 3 separate tables of Chinese food, including 5 soups. The food is hot and is constantly being replenished. There is a grill, where you select what you want and the grill chef cooks it to order for you -- salmon, New York sirloin strip steak, teriyaki, chicken, other types of fish. There is a wok station where you can have the chef put together a Pho soup bowl. There is a sushi station, and a carving station that has prime rib, roast duck, roast pork, turkey, and ham. And, last but not least, there are two dessert stations -- one that is all ice cream (about 12 flavors), and the other that is assorted cakes, pudding, gelatins (try the coconut, coffee, and mango gelatins), and pastries. All non-alcoholic beverages have free refills.

The wait staff is extremely attentive and accommodating, and is constantly filling glasses, clearing plates, getting new flatware, including nut crackers for the crab.

The Pacific Buffet also serves lunch (I think it's $11.95) and a Sunday brunch (not sure what is on it). Children are obviously charged much less. The restaurant is clean and immaculate and closed on Monday.

I've had dinner there twice, but on Friday night I finally made it to the grill. This restaurant has become very popular in a short time, and the quality is excellent. Pacific Buffet opens at 5pm for dinner, get there by 6:30pm, otherwise you'll have to wait for a table. No one is rushed out. The restaurant just got very high ratings from the Phantom Gourmet.

Just wanted to mention this restaurant, because it is exceptionally good and well worth the price. It's on Route 9 in Framingham in the same building as Cabot Furniture -- across the street from the new Walmart that is under construction.

By the way, the waitress that cleared our table was available frequently. I saw her more often than a restaurant where I would have ordered off the menu, so I tipped her 25%. She was friendly, and deserved the tip.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 05:09 PM
xxx3

Sounds exactly like the International Buffet on Route 53 on the Braintree/Quincy line, except they charge $14.95 and are usually not crowded.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 07:38 PM
bger

Its a chain buffet restaurant like Old Country Buffet, we have one here in Buffalo Grove Illinois.

Old Apr 28th, 2002, 09:27 PM
ronald

So, are you the owner, or do you just work there?

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:31 AM
ttt

ttt

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:55 AM
The Happy Waiter

Wow Leslie, 25% tip for a buffet huh? Food and service were outstanding. I am glad to hear how much you liked it.

Be careful about posting your tipping habits here however. "Mr. Food" and others believe in undertipping. You could be making enemies.

;-)

Cheers!

tHe hApPy wAiTeR

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Leslie

I don't own the Pacific Buffet, or work there. I have only eaten there twice. The restaurant is not a chain, there is only one and it is in Framingham. It just happens to be close to my home. It is nothing like the Country Style Buffet -- as this buffet primarily has Chinese food. However, it is unique before of the carving board, Pho soups/wok, sushi and grill stations.

I only mentioned the restaurant because it is brand new, the quality and selections are excellent, and everyone is always looking for a new restaurant to try whether they are home or on vacation. Framingham is not a hot spot destination for vacations. In fact, I would not even suggest vacationing here.

Regarding my tipping habits, 25% was an extraordinary tip, but this waitress was extremely helpful. My dining partner is lactose intollerant and has some other food allergies and the waitress was proficient enough to know what was on the buffet and checked with the manager and chef to find out if certain items had specific spices (not MSG) in them. She also accompanied my friend to the buffet table, just in case a sign was missing stating what the item was. Besides taking the time to help my friend, the waitress was very attentive, cleared the table each time we got up to visit the buffet, and kept our beverage glasses filled without having to be asked. For these reasons, she deserved a larger tip than I normally would have given in a restaurant where the bill would have come to the same amount.

To clarify something, I might have tipped less (probably in the range of 20% because the service was still excellent) had I dined with someone that did not have food allergies, as we would not have required this extra assistance from the waitress.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:15 PM
xxxxxx

Sounds great. there are many buffets out there but 75% or more aren't worth going to, glad to hear there is a good one in this area.
Love Alaskan King crab most buffets have snow crab (if they have any crab at all).
Sounds like you tipped properly

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:44 PM
klam

Thanx a mint for the review Leslie. I'm a newbie to the greater Boston area, and always enjoy your helpful and informative postings!

I'll be sure to check out the PB when my father-in-law visits...he loves king crab =)

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 05:07 PM
bger

Who lied to you and said it was not a chain?