DiCicco

Fourth AvePasta House

Old Bath House

Billy Quon's

The Loose Noodle

The California Grill

Tinnery at the Beach

Miros

If so, how would you rate them-good, bad or indifferent?
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 06:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Tinnery in PG is no more, and it wasn't good at all. It is now called Latitudes, I believe. Glorified coffee shop type place with mediocre food.

The Old Bath House is very nice. We have enjoyed many of their early bird dinners which included appetizers, salad, entree and dessert. Impeccable service and very good food here with views that are beautiful from the dining room.

The California Market is the casual restaurant at the Highland's Inn. It is very good, we like to go for breakfast and lunch here. We had one dinner here which wasn't that great. There is Pacific's Edge at the HI for fine dining. We'll be back at the Highland's Inn next month for a three night stay. Hope this helps! ***kim***
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Kim
Norm
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:05 PM

several years ago we ate at a place in Monterey called "Bushwackers"...funny name, great food. I still remember it welll...and am looking forward to returning someday. It had a great atmosphere.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:14 PM

I think you might mean Bullwacker's. It's in our Entertainment Book every year. Haven't been there yet but it is located on Cannery Row. They advertise as being the only pub on Cannery Row offering a pub atmosphere where children are made welcome. So it is family-friendly. We may check it out when we're in Monterey next month! ***kim***
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:33 PM

We've been to Bullwackers a couple times. They have a fireplace right in the middle of the dining room, which is terrific on a foggy evenning
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:43 PM

I've been to Billy Quon's and it was very good. The seared ahi was wonderful. The sand dabs and the coconut shrimp were also good. The Tinnery was always pretty bad, which is most likely why it's not there any more. I went to the Bath House for my Junior Prom, it was very nice then (long time ago) I'm sure it still is. I think the California Grill is in the Double Tree hotel. It's typical hotel food, but they do have a nice salad bar.
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:49 PM

Viamar is right about the California Grill, I was thinking of the California Market @ the Highland's Inn. It's been on my mind lately since we're staying there next month! ***kim***
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 01:26 AM

okay...i guess it was Bullwackers...sounds better than bushwackers. It had a wonderful atmosphere. There is an old song from the '70's called "Brandy". It is a narative about this sea-town pub and sailors coming in etc. Everytime I hear that song, it brings back the feeling of that restaurant. The fish and chips were excellent too. We went when I was a teenage about 10 years ago and it made quite an impression on me.
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 07:30 PM
L

I do not like Billy Cuongs too much. I got dry salmon. Bath house is very good and worth the expense for something special. Make sure to see the sunset if you go. Loose noodle is good if you like pastas and reasonable. Went a few time with co-workers for lunch.
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Incidentally, all of the restaurants I mentioned in my first communication are listed in the Entertainment Book.
We will be in Monterey for 10 days and I picked up the book for $9.95 figuring even if I only use it once or twice it is worth the price.

Norm
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 07:56 AM

Also be sure to check out Schooner's Bistro at the Monterey Plaza Hotel for lunch. Great fish and chips and key lime pie here and amazing views! ***kim***
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Try a few of these:

ROBERTS WHITE HOUSE....Pacific Grove

BAHAMA BILLYS....In the Barnyard in Carmel. The guy that started Billy Quons sold it and now owns this restaurant. He has also opened a Martini Bar nearby.

HULAS....great for casual burgers and unique food.

SCHOONERS....good views of the Monterey Bay.

PEPPERS....locals in PG go here for Mexican food.

FANDANGOS...Gotta save the best for last. Atmosphere and great food in Pacific Grove. This will not disappoint but it is not for casual dining. $$$