Search

Cleveland hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cleveland hotels

I'm going to a concert at the Blossom Center near Cleveland. We also plan to spend an extra day taking in the R&R Hall of Fame plus any other sites.

I'm not sure how far outside of Cleveland proper the Blossom Center is, but can someone suggest a hotel that is in close proximity to both? Also, how easy will it be to get a cab between Cleveland and the Blossom Center (and then back)? We prefer not to drive for obvious reasons!
Old Jul 24th, 2005, 04:20 PM

Jenda,
You will not be able to take a taxi to Blossom Center. It is actually closer to Akron than downtown Cleveland. Anything along I-77 would be convienent to both Blossom and R&R hall of fame.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:39 AM

jende, a nice midpoint location might be the hotels (Holiday Inn, Amerisuites, Embassy Suites, etc) along Rockside Road in Independence, OH. On I-77 you can spot the street with the large Cleveland Clinic building. There are some fantastic restaurants on Rockside going east toward Vallew View -- Lockkeepers and the Park City Diner.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 09:22 AM
syd

Jende,
If you like B&B's and want to stay somewhat closer to Blossom than Cleveland, you may want to check out the Inn at Brandywine Falls. You may even want to contact them about getting to/from Blossom.

There's a wonderful restaurant close to Blossom that you may want to think about - Russo's. It's on Olde Rt. 8, which may also be called State Rd.

Have a wonderful time!
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone who reponded. Now I'm thinking we might spend one night close to Blossom Center and the second in Cleveland.

If we do this, which neighborhood in Cleveland do you suggest? We are young 30-somethings looking for fun/hip shopping, nightlife and restaurants.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:57 AM

Two neighborhoods fitting your description are Ohio City and Tremont. Ohio City's heart is West End Marketplace, a farmer's market. It is joined by some of the best restaurants in the city and local shops. Tremont is an arts neighborhood also featuring some of the best restaurants in the city. Unfortunately, neither has a major hotel nearby. (Does anybody else know of any lodging options?)

You might want to go ahead and stay downtown at the Holiday Inn Express or Hampton Inn. Holiday Inn Express is located between the theater district and the warehouse district; the latter is another very urban neighborhood with top restaurants and clubs.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:59 AM

The Hampton Inn is located on 9th street, which many use to access the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 11:22 AM

There is a B&B in Ohio City.

www.stonegables.net
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 03:48 PM
syd

You might do well to stay at any of the downtown Cleveland hotels and venture into the warehouse district, Tremont and/or Ohio City. Some hotels were offering packages that included admission to the R&R HOF. I've stayed at both the Ritz and Renaissance and enjoyed my stays there. I hear that the Hyatt is nice also.