Search

P.J. Clarkes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 10:03 AM
lisa

P.J. Clarkes

Does anyone know how long P.J. Clarkes will be closed for renovations?

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 12:20 PM
Where???

No, but thanks for asking.

You might want to give us a clue as to where this ????(not sure what it is) place is located.

Where???

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 12:24 PM
KenCT

Manhattan. On Third Avenue. Last time I walked past, it looked as if it had a long way to go.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 12:54 PM
z

Where:If you don't know where it is than you don't know the restaurant. It's a landmark NYC restaurant. And no real reason to even respond to the thread.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:28 PM
GoodGrief

To z and all of his progeny bashing "where" for asking where P.J. Clarkes is -

While P.J. Clarkes is a landmark restaurant in NYC, there is also one in Chicago. Technically, where's question is a valid one. Why all the time and energy bashing him for asking?

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:29 PM
KenCT

After my earlier post, I checked to see if I could get more information for Lisa. Also, I've been known to stop by myself. I learned (1) there's also a P.J. Clarke's in Chicago. Anybody been there? Wonder if it's the same owner-style. (2) New York Magazine has it on listed for an October re-opening, but the phone number had no answer and no voicemail.

Certainly hope that they don't "improve it as they did the Russian Tea Room. NoClue: That's in New York too.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:31 PM
yyy

Boy the negative comments from this thread are disapapearing faster than any I've ever seen--even the not so negative ones are going. Oh well, I guess lisa has her answer;;
"for a while"....

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:32 PM
z

Cat why not go online instead of chastising? Lisa what here is an article I found. Apparently investors are pitching into salvage it.

http://www.pjclarkes.com/htm/m05/PJC_SALVATION_ARMY.htm

Well said XX

Lisa anyone who knows restaurants knows what you were asking. A lot of hot under the collar soon to be unemployed, loosing on stocks, 401k money people here today.

Y might be better time for you to pick up a book. I have to repeat XX remarks noone comes online to hear from individuals who have a zippo knowledge base.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:37 PM
Givelisa

I have to agree with Z while you might think he/she are over reacting. The hostile responses on this forum are too frequent. The PJ Clark's in Chicago does not have the status that the NYC restaurant does.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Racy

PJ Clarkes in Chicago was the first restaurant owned by Richard Melman, the Lettuce Entertain You maven. A few years ago he made noise about closing it and was convinced to keep it -- I've heard dumblings about an additional or new spot downtown.

The Chicago venue is casual dining and is noted for its salad bar.

HTH,
Racy