Search

Sandro's NYC

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Ruth

Sandro's NYC

Sandro's restaurant in the Chelsea area of NYC was highly recommended to me about a year ago. I see from the NY Times website that chef Sandro Fioriti is now cooking at Sandro Serafina on the upper East Side. Do any of you NYC folks know if he's still running the Chelsea location. We'll be in NYC in October and Chelsea would be more convenient, but don't want to go there for the chef when he's moved on. Thanks.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Judy

Try going to www.chowhound.com and posting your question on their NYC board. The foodie forum posters there are a great source of information.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Ruth

Thanks, Judy. After I posted the question, I did a little more research and learned that the chef has indeed left the Chelsea restaurant. Think I'll try chowhound anyway for restaurant tips.

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 11:39 AM
mario

Call the restaurant and ask......
212 633 8033

Old Sep 5th, 2002, 01:07 PM
bella

Actually just got back from a few days in NYC and ate at the upper East Side Sandro Serafina. One word to describe my experience: FANTASTIC.

Old Sep 6th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Ruth

Really glad to hear you loved it, Bella. I made reservations yesterday for the evening we're going to be in NYC in October. Would love to hear more details about your meal and what you liked.