Orlando, FL best shopping area ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19th, 2010, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be coming from Italy for 1 week vacation and my wife would like to shop at The Children's Place in Orlando. I have checked their website and of course they have various store locations. I am now focusing on:

- Orlando Premium Outlets, 4967 International Drive, where TCP also has an expanded shoe collection
- The Florida Mall, 8001 S Orange Blossom Ter.

Which is the best place in terms of prices ?? I would say the Outlet over the Mall but would appreciate your comments
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 04:58 AM
J62

I would expect that the prices would be the same at both locations. Pick the one that's more convenient, or has other stores you'd want to shop at.

The outlet shops are nothing more than another mall, but with many more stores. It used to be (20+ yrs ago?) that outlets sold factory rejects or discontinued merchandise at discount prices. Nowadays they are just another store selling the same merchandise at the same list price as elsewhere.

In fact, my experience is that every day shoppers can find better prices for the same clothes on sale at their local chain store (Kohl's etc).
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 05:09 AM

As the saying goes, "If you've seen one, you've seen the mall."

Old Sep 19th, 2010, 07:13 AM

Usually I would say the outlet would have better pricing but would sell items that were older (hadn't sold at the regular store, so were out of season). However, US stores have been heavily discounting regular merchandise in their regular stores, so I agree with J62 that you may as well pick whichever mall is more convenient for you or has more of the stores you want to go to.
Old Sep 19th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Original Poster

thanks a lot !

The Mall is closer to our hotel and to the airport and I was just wondering whether or not it made sense driving a longer way to the Outlet for the same price levels...
Will be there by the end of october therefore it might be I find Fall sales also in the Mall.