OR- pet friendly loding

Jul 16th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Original Poster

OR- pet friendly loding

Anyone know of any pet friendly logding in
Astoria, Cannon Beach or Seaside? Thanks.
Jul 17th, 2004, 05:44 AM
mms

In Cannon Beach the Surfsand Resort is very pet friendly. We have stayed there several times, with and without our dog and love the place! They give you a dog basket upon arrival that includes a towel, a sheet (to put on top of the bed if you want your pet to sleep on the bed with you), small thing of dog food, treats, and baggies. There are also baggies available at various stations around the resort so you can grab one and put it in your pocket while walking around town or on the beach. The dogs we have encountered that were staying at the resort have always been very well behaved, even off leash. In the cabana area is a shower so you can get all the sand/salt water off your dog as well. The resort is just as welcoming to people
Jul 17th, 2004, 05:59 AM

Haven't traveled with Himself to the coast, but numerous other places in Oregon.

Try these for excellent listings:
http://www.petswelcome.com/
http://www.dogfriendly.com/
Jul 19th, 2004, 05:47 AM

I found the following in my AAA Guidebook: Cannon Beach Ecola Creek Lodge, Hallmark Resort, Haystack Resort Motel, Inn at Cannon Beach, Ocean Lodge, Surfsand, and Tolovana Inn.

I didn't check Seaside, because I want you to stay in Cannon Beach.
Jul 19th, 2004, 08:17 AM

Save CB for the shops, there's not much else to do there. I checked Seaside and most of the properties there will take pets.

We were just there yeserday on the gorgeous beach for the afternoon. We swam in the ocean with the boogey-boards, great waves here. Then walked the prom, went to Ter Hars ( it's much nicer and larger than the CB location) and went to the aquarium.

We topped off the afternoon with some appetizers at the Shilo oceanfront restaurant. The steamer clams were fantastic, almost two pounds worth!

I also checked Astoria, where I am now, for you. Surprisingly, the luxury boutique hotel The Hotel Elliott, www.hotelelliott.com has two standard rooms that will take pets.

I have toured this hotel, it is amazing. They now have a rooftop garden area where you can relax and take in the awesome views of the river. They also have the Columbia River Day Spa which is huge and gorgeous, we're (the girls) headed over there this afternoon for pedicures!

Don't miss Astoria, so much history and charm, you will never be bored here. Also, some of the best places to have seafood on the entire coast!

You pet will love walking along the riverfront, it's so pretty and scenic here. Have fun!! ***kim***
Jul 19th, 2004, 08:21 AM

Hi gluvscats, Check out the thread titled "Oregon Coast Cities--Favorite," published by Travlhappy.
Jul 19th, 2004, 08:58 AM

Hi gluvscats! Your original question asked for pet-friendly lodging for three places! You know have some info to go on! Enjoy your trip to the coast! ***kim***