Notices

Coast Hotel near Seaside or Cannon Beach

Old Jul 1st, 2004, 10:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coast Hotel near Seaside or Cannon Beach

I am having trouble finding rooms in Cannon Beach for early August as we are just spending one night. The Stephanie Inn referred me to Inn of the Four Winds in Seaside. Has anyone stayed there? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old Jul 1st, 2004, 12:19 PM

If the Stephanie Inn recommended it, it must be nice. I will be in Seaside later today and will check the place out for you. Website looks great, right on the prom.

We may consider listing our beach cottage with this property management when it's completed. If you can get in here, I'd say go for it!

Have you tried the Inn at Cannon Beach, it looked very nice when we drove by the other day. ***kim***
Old Jul 4th, 2004, 02:34 PM

Call Tolovana Inn. We had a large room with full ocean view, balcony, kitchen, and Murphy bed for about $170 last weekend. We loved the view and closeness to the beach.
Old Jul 5th, 2004, 09:29 AM

We finally were able to have a meal in Cannon Beach. We decided on Cafe Mango, as recommended on this board. It was really nice.

We sat out on the very small back balcony at the "rail" as they call it at the Moonstone Beach Bar & Grill. Excellent views, as the restaurant is upstairs. Gorgeous flowers all over up there.

We had clam chowder, split a wonderful spinach salad and I had the halibut and grilled summer vegetables. Everything was very good. The cheesecake drizled with mango sauce looked delicious, but no room! We will return again! ***kim***
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 08:26 AM
Original Poster

I have been able to find a room at the Haystack Resort in Cannon Beach. Anyone stayed there before?
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 10:59 AM

I've not stayed there, princess, but have seen it a number of times. Certainly not up to the caliber of Stephanie Inn, but it should be fine for the night. It's a long (200 yards) block from the beach, and a 10-15 minute walk into Cannon Beach core.

As it's been a few years for me, I've been waiting for your dinner review at Stephanie Inn, kim. How was it?
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 03:35 PM

Hi Beachbum! After dining out for 24 consecutive night in a row in OR, The Stephanie Inn was the only place we didn't get to that I wanted to try.

We did have a quick dinner in Cannon Beach at Cafe Mango and that was very good. We'll be back soon this summer and the Stephanie Inn will be be one of the first places we'll try. For now, I just want some home-cooked meals, LOL!! ***kim***

Old Jul 11th, 2004, 09:46 PM

Hi Kimamom... you replied to my post re: Carmel...

Travel princess. We've been going to Cannon Beach a lot this summer. We love the Ocean Lodge! It is right next door to the Stephanie Inn. I am actually going to be there Aug. 7-9th again too! I had been told that they had no rooms... but just kept calling back and checking... and they eventually had some openings! They are ocean front and a great place to stay! They include breakfast in the rate too... and it's a good one! (not a formal restaurant... just pastries, pies, cereals, oatmeal, fruit, juice, coffee, etc...)
Anyhow, the rate is around 250-289/night... depending on what nights you go for... spendy... but well worth it. Great location, great rooms, great breakfasts, and A+ service!

Good luck!
Maria ;o)
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

Thank you! I was able to get a room at the Ocean Lodge for $249. Looking forward to it!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 11:23 AM

Please give a report on how you like Oregon Lodge. We've been wondering about it.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 01:18 PM

Jim do you mean the Ocean Lodge? The place looks great, I've seen it from the beach many times, just didn't know the name of it. ***kim***
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:09 PM

Travel princes... Great! I'm glad you were able to get a room! You'll love it there! The manager's name is Wendy and she is a very sweet lady. The gal in the breakfast room in the morning is also very friendly! I am sure you'll have a great stay!

Keep me posted on how it all goes!
Maria ;o)