special places to stay on the oregon coast

Old Jul 2nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
special places to stay on the oregon coast

i'll be in oregon for 5 days and will spend a few days driving down the coast and back--any special favorite places to stay--either on the water or in a special spot/ I see recently that sand n sea motel was recommended in gold baech and nye beach hotel in newport, also best western/brookings --generally want something fairly reasonable but could go for one big splurge
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tttttttt
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:45 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you want to go for the "big splurge". I would recommend the Stephanie Inn in Cannon Beach. Check out their web sight.
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 08:54 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I may have recommenede the Sand n Sea. It is a basic motel, but the locaton is great, right on the ocean with walking paths down to the beach. Get the oceanfront room.

The Stephanie Inn is gorgeous, but may be full. They are recommending the Inn at the Four Winds which is a very nice oceanfront property in Seaside, right on the prom.

The Oceanfront Shilo Inn is also a nice, clean property right on the ocean. They have an indoor pool and spa and a very nice oceanview restaurant on the property. Reasonable rates, also. Enjoy the coast! It is gorgeous here right now!

I would recommend at least one meal at Kalypso in Seaside. Try the pan fried oysters! ***kim***
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best Western in Brookings is RIGHT on the beach in the harbor area--nice place
Nye Beach is also good .Plus Newport has several motels right on the beach also. Even has big flood lights so you can see the beach at night
Inn at Otter Crest would be in the"splurge"catagory but itis located on rocky bluffs. It is a little north of Depoe Bay which is a little north of Newport. In Depoe Bay we always eat at the Sea Hag- (have not been there for 2 years--hope it is still there)
Astoria, Seaside maybe even Cannon Beach are really booked up due to BIG Lewis and Clark festival in Astoria .Good Luck
Old Jul 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got back to Wisconsin after a week on the Oregon Coast. Two great places to stay are Tyee Lodge in Newport and Channel House in Depoe Bay. I've stayed in over 50 Bed and Breakfasts and the Channel House has the most romantic rooms I've ever been in. Expensive but well worth it.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 03:40 PM
syd

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another vote for the Tyee Lodge. I stayed in the Chinook Room which had nice views of the coast. Lots of windows, and a gas fireplace which was also nice (visited in the fall). Breakfasts were excellent. I also think the price was very reasonable.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 04:22 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
There are many beautiful spots around Lincoln city, too.
O'Dysius is a newer "boutique" kind of hotel, right near a great retaurant (Kylo's)
If you are a golfer, Salishan Lodge is spectuacular, and pricy

The Inn at Spanish Head is right on a beautiful beach where you can walk for miles, with beautiful views in both directions.
The Inn at Cape Kiwanda is farther north, but in a lovely spot, too.

Enjoy your stay here in beautiful Oregon. Be sure to stop at one of the Mo's restaurants for great clam chowder. Not a fancy place, but great chowder. You'll see them starting around Coos Bay