Oak Haven Resort Pigeon Forge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are way too many cabins in Pigeon Forge!! I need help. I've got it narrowed down to Hidden Mountain, Oak Haven(actually leaning mostly toward Oak Haven)or Little Valley Mountain Resort. Has anyone actually been to any of these places. My biggest fear is getting into a place that has cabins stacked one right on top of the other. But, the whole resort thing is appealing because we are going in August and really feel that we need access to a pool. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 10:57 AM

My boss stayed at Oak Haven Resort last summer and was very pleased. She was there with her husband and three teens.
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 12:00 PM
iceeu2

I have stayed at Hidden Mountain and Oak Haven. Both are really good, but my preference is Oak Haven. And, yes they are close and in a development, but still you have your privacy.

The times I have stayed at Hidden Mountain, we stayed in one of the townhomes and they are fine. My friend has stayed in several different cabins and said she has gotten great ones and just ok ones.

I have stayed in or visited probably 10 or 12 different cabins at Oak Haven and they are all magnificent. Plus, the bedrooms have king sized beds, so you don't have to flip coins for the "big bed" if you are travelling with someone! They are very clean and decorated beautifully, each with a theme. We are going up to meet friends over the 4th and that's where we are staying and so are they.

It's confusing because there are so many cabins up there. You probably can't go wrong with any of the three, but like I said, haven't stayed with Little Valley.

Have fun.

Old Mar 29th, 2005, 12:14 PM
iceeu2

Also, I think if you go to tripadvisor.com and read the reviews ..you will likely select Oak Haven.

Old Mar 30th, 2005, 07:46 PM
Original Poster

Thanks iceeu2!! We booked cabin 104 at Oak Haven. The reviews on trip advisor sold me. Also, the price was much better than a comparable cabin at Hidden Mountain. We also like the idea of being a little further away from the Hubbub....Thanks again for your help!
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 04:56 AM
iceeu2

scdvr219, you are going to love that cabin! When the real icee had a significant birthday 2 years ago, we rented cabins 102, 103 & 104. The one you have rented was wonderful. The gameroom is it's own little apartment with a deck off of it. When are you going? Let me know what you think about the place. Honestly, you are going to be so surprised. The cabins are even better than the photos of them.
Have fun.
i2

Old Mar 31st, 2005, 07:39 PM
Original Poster

We are going in August. We are taking my daughter, her husband and our two grandsons. They are 7 and 2. I'm sure they are gonna love it. Especially the 7 year old. He can spend hours looking at an ant hill in the back yard!! Again, thanks for your help...I was really starting to lose it with all the gazillion cabins in that area.