Reload this Page >

Westward Look Resort, Tucson?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 02:20 PM
lisa

We're considering going to Tucson over New Year's. In researching previous threads on Tucson I came across several mentions of Westward Look Resort (mostly favorable, some not), and was just wondering whether anyone has stayed there recently & whether they would recommend it. We are looking for someplace with nice views where we can relax and enjoy hiking, horseback riding, etc. at moderate prices, and this place seems to fit the bill.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 12:21 AM
Don

I've never stayed there but it is in a very good location. However, I would check to see if the Westin, which I have stayed at and which was quite nice, is offering any good deals at this time!

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Tia

Lisa,
I would recommend the Westward Look as have stayed there many times in the past. It is an older facility, quiet and secluded and good location in the Catalina Foothills. Very well appointed rooms..There is only one nice gourmet restaurant on the premises.
For quietness, this is the place.

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 10:01 AM
jean

My son recently graduated from U of A - Tucson. Coming from the midwest I always enjoyed visiting him a couple of times during the year. Although I never stayed at the Westward Look I toured through the property and was shown two typical rooms. It looked very nice and I liked the location. I would stay there and be very content.
My favorite place to stay in Tucson would have to be the Arizona Inn. A truly wonderful older property with the most charming rooms. The restaurant is wonderful! And the grounds are beautiful. Lowes Anatole is another favorite but it is further up the mountains (not as convenient to the campus - but a wonderful place to stay and have dinner).
Tucson is a great place to visit. Enjoy

Old Oct 5th, 2002, 02:14 PM
fran

A friend and I have stayed at the Westward Look twice and really liked it. Although it doesn't have the super-fancy pools that some other resorts do, it is a lovely place. Rooms are spacious, beautiful grounds, and a wonderful spa.