NYC with teen: soho hotel?

Old Jan 29th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC with teen: soho hotel?

I'm spending 2 days and nights in NYC with my 18 yr daughter. Want to shop, see a show and just wander. Is soho ok location for that or should we be closer to theatre district or elsewhere ? Would like to walk most places but ok to take metro or cab if necessary. Picked soho because of Crosby street hotel. We stayed at sister hotel in London last summer and it was amazing!!
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 09:38 AM

Sights in NY are uch too spread out to just wander. No matter where you sta yyou will have to take the subway (NOT Metro - people won't know what you mean - since we have a commuter rail to the suburbs called Metro North) many places.

Walking from SoHo to the theater district is kind of far - 1.5 miles - ifyou're also walking around all day sightseeing. But if you like the hotel and got a good rate go for it.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM

I think the hotel is in a wonderful and exciting area of the city with good shopping and good restaurants within an easy walk or short subway/taxi ride. I would certainly consider staying there if I was a tourist in NYC!

You could easily spend 2 days within walking distance. Plan to take a taxi/subway if you go to a Broadway theatre.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 01:22 PM

For shopping, that's a great location. For most tourist sights and the theater, you'll have to jump on the subway, but if you like the hotel don't worry about that. It's really too far to walk from Midtown, so don't even consider that, but you can easily walk to the East Village, Chinatown, or the Lower East Side from there. The hotel isn't technically in SoHo, even though it's south of Houston ... it's east of Broadway. But the location is still good.
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 03:54 PM

It's a wonderful location - go for it! You'll have a blast. Lots of fantastic shopping (and dining) in the immediate area. The Spring St. subway stop is conveniently located very close by.