NEw York airport transfer JLG to JFK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2007, 06:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you think 4 hours ten minutes is enough? LG arrival 5:35p.m.
depart JFK at 9:45 p.m. going to Ireland.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 06:27 AM
J62

I assume you mean LaGuardia (LGA) to JFK.

Yes, 4hrs is plenty of time. The only exception is if there is a serious weather delay getting into LGA. If that is the case then there will likely be departure delays out of JFK as well.

Easiest way to transit is by taxi. There is a shuttle bus but it's not has convenient as just hopping in a cab and getting dropped off at your departure terminal at JFK.
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 06:35 AM

It *should* be enough time, considering the airports are pretty close together. Driving between the two should take about 15 minutes, without traffic, of course.

The only things that make me hesitate are whether or not you get delayed coming into LGA (which always happens), how long it takes you to collect luggage (which may take 30 mins easiily), how long it takes to get a cab (hope for short taxi lines!), and the traffic on the Van Wyck.

What day of the week are you traveling on? If it's a weekday, don't forget you'll be heading into terrible rush hour traffic in Queens that time of day.

Plus, don't forget you *should* be at JFK 2 hours prior to your flight - so that really only gives you 2 hours to do the LGA business and get to JFK.

But, that said, I've done it a few times and have made it with time to spare. Just cross your fingers... lol...
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 09:51 AM

Theoretically this is plenty of time - even considering that it's the heart of rush hour (and the trip may take 30 to 45 minutes versus 15).

Your issue is how late your plane will land at LGA. It has the worst on-time record in the area - and the later in the day the more likely you will be late.

Have you checked the on time record of your flight at the time of year you will be flying?

(And I agree that a cab is the best way to do this - you don;t want to be waiting for pick up by a shuttle bus - and then lose time while it stops at 6 other terminals at JFK.)
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 03:40 PM

Not sure where you are traveling to but noticed AA is shifting overseas traffic to JFK and dropping the LGA - JFK transfer. I think it starts in March,