JFK to LaGuardia-is this enough time?

Feb 4th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

JFK to LaGuardia-is this enough time?

Hi all! I have reviewed the airport information, but wanted to run this by posters to see if it is enough time. There will be two of us flying back from Madrid arriving at JFK at 1pm Sunday April 2 and then tranferiing to LaGuardia to catch a 7pm flight back to Columbus, Ohio. We will have carry on luggage only. It is 6 hours and the difference in cost to take a flight from JFK instead of changing airports is $400. Should we book this or play it safe with the flight from JFK? It looks like we'd be ok unless there is a disaster. What do you think?

thanks!
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:02 AM
J62

You can walk (figuratively) from JFK to LGA in the time you have.
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:04 AM

This is absolutely safe. It's actually only about 20 minutes from JFK to LGA - with no traffic. So - even if your plane is late, immigration is mobbed, luggage is delayed and there's an accident on the highway - you should still have time to make it.
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:12 AM
GoTravel

Even if your plane is late you have plenty of time. Since you are only carrying on, stop somewhere and have lunch in Queens on your way to LGA.

Feb 4th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Original Poster

That's what I thought. There is an earlier flight that leaves 3 hours between arrival at JFK and departure at LGA. Should we take that instead?
thanks everyone!
Feb 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
J62

I would do the 3hr layover myself.

Feb 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM

Before you make your decision look at the on-time arrival record of your incoming flight. If it's almost always on time you should be OK. If it's late quite often I wouldn't risk it unless this is written as one ticket - and the airline responsible if you miss you connecting flight.
Feb 4th, 2006, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

It is written on one ticket with Delta. Godd suggestion for the on time record. thanks!