Reload this Page >

New Orleans Ambassador hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 02:25 PM
john

We normally stay at the Marriott, Hilton, Renaissance or Le Merdian. Cannot afford the Windsor Court and did not like the Pontchartrain(too old & too far). Will we like the Ambassador? Safe? etc? We can get a good price the weekend we are going.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 03:18 PM
Beverly Gardner

My car was stolen from their "valet" parking so I'm not of fan. Totally incompetent staff!!!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 05:12 PM
john

Thanks, Bev. will continue to look.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 06:12 PM
Dan

Search "Ambassador Hotel" and read the previous posts. Someone else also complained that their car was stolen? Was it your husband, Bev, or another car altogether? Sounds pretty awful. And the hotel didn't seem to get good reviews from posts in 2001 and 2002.

I work nearby and have seen it from the outside but have never seen a guest room. Sorry!

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed there in 2001, didn't have a car, so it could not be stolen!. I have never stayed in the Marriott, Hilton or Le Meridian but would not even think it was in these categories. We booked it as a budget hotel and were quite happy. The rooms were large with exposed brick work walls, iron beds and beams left over from when it was a coffee warehouse. It was safe to walk to the French Quater from here and handy for the CBD and waterfront.