Bourbon Orleans Hotel New Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are making a return trip to NO after many years and have made a reservation at the Wyndham Bourbon Orleans for 5/9 to 5/13. We know nothing about the hotel, but frankly chose it because we belong to the Wyndham By Request Program and they offered AARP rates.
Did we make a good choice? Any comments pro or con would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM

The Bourbon Orleans is a nice hotel, rather historic, and it has been renovated within the last few years (don't remember exactly how long ago). I believe you will enjoy the place, and its location is certainly convenient if the French Quarter is where you want to stay. I stayed there before and during their renovations, but haven't been there since. My only negative impression is that their room prices seem a bit high, but if you have a deal with Wyndham, go for it. Good luck.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 03:49 PM

We got the Bourbon Orleans Hotel through Priceline a few years ago, for a very good price. It was well before the renovation.

We enjoyed our stay mainly because we had a room at the rear of the hotel. We did not hear any of the crowd of Bourbon Street.

Our biggest disappointment was the fire alarm that went off at 2:00am.

This occured two nights in a row, with all of us trudging out of the hotel. I am too much of a chicken to discount alarms!

I did look at the lobby when we were there last to see if there was much of a change, and it really looked like they made a significant alteration in the lobby. Would love to hear from someone that has been both before renovation, and after!
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 12:15 PM

Stayed there pre-rennovation and got screwed over the entire time. Nicest part of the staff were the bartender and doormen. Desk staff never acknowledge that we were part of the Wyndham By Request program. Were told the rennovation work didn't start til about 9:00a.m. each morning, (actually at 7:00a.m.) woke up to drilling and sawing. The internet connection in the room was foobarred. They lied about the availability of other rooms. Completely dismissed our inquiries and complaints. (I have never attempted to make a complaint at a hotel before or since.)

The Wyndham corporate folks did respond, but with an "Oh well, try us again sometime" and that was it.

Their customer program "By Request" was not honored in the least or at all and there was no attempt to make it up. I just do not trust Wyndham to stand bhind their customer satisfaction guarantees any more.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 07:38 PM

I'm responding to this after reading the last post. While I do not doubt that posters experience, mine have always been very positive about this hotel. I now live here in N.O., but this is the hotel I used the vast majority of my trips to the city. Absolute favorite. I was always acknowledged as a by request member and my choices were always there. I was even bumped up to a balcony room during the very busy Halloween weekend on the last stay there. I have always found the staff to be very helpful. I have not been there since the latest renovation, however, I will say that the bars that were added are nice. I don't like the new lobby color, though. I have confidence that if you have a problem with the hotel and address the issue promptly, they will be responsive. Fortunately, I never had a problem.

Just for reference other hotels I have stayed at in ranking order are:
*Omni Royal Orleans
*Marriott Courtyard on St. Charles just off Canal.
*Marriott on Canal.
*Radisson on Canal, which is now Park Place or something. Bad location, but I had great rooms the three times I stayed there.
*Holiday Inn on Royal
*Chateau Dupre- nice old world room, but was charged more than was quoted when made res. This was the impetus for my ALWAYS getting the prices in writing in the future.

Have Fun!

Chazz
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 07:41 PM

Oops, Can't believe I forgot Place D'Armes in above post. I would put this right below the Omni Royal.

Chazz