new orleans french quarter hotels for "the ladies"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are four Canadian Ladies in our mid 70's who are still quite active We are going to be spending four days in New Orleans at the end of October and need some advice in choosing a hotel. At the moment we are holding 2 rooms at the Omni Royal Orleans Hotel, but would like to hear about other options for a hotel in the French Quarter. The rooms we are holding have 2 double beds in each room and is costing us U.S. $383.00 including taxes for each room. We did look at the W French Quarter and the Marriot, but not knowing the areas we are getting a bit overwhelmed. Our wish list is for a good, clean, comfortable hotel with two beds in each room in an area that would have easy access to all that New Orleans has to offer. We plan to take some tours while there, but we also want to be able to feel we are in the right area for walking around the city. We know there are many smaller boutique hotels in the area, but know very little about them.
Old Aug 19th, 2016, 06:19 PM

We stayed there in November, a few years back. We had a small room, but it was nice, clean and we felt the location was good.
Old Aug 20th, 2016, 12:08 PM

We stayed at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel a few years ago and really liked it for the location, a few of their rooms have two doubles and they have a room category with a wrought iron balcony (NOT facing noisy Bourbon St) that looks cool.
Old Aug 20th, 2016, 01:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Be aware that several hotels such as the Marriott are located on Canal Street. Canal abuts the French Quarter so it isn't like you are a long way away.

Have you looked at the possibilities on Booking.com? You seem to be asking if what you are paying is a good price, etc.
Old Aug 21st, 2016, 12:57 PM

When I traveled there with a girlfriend of mine, we both liked the Hotel Monteleone on Royal Streeet. It was clean, had live music, attentive staff and a very historic, gracious feel to it. I highly recommend it and would stay there again in a heartbeat! The location was fabulous and we felt very safe.
Old Aug 23rd, 2016, 04:05 PM

I stayed at the Omni 2 years ago and loved it! The room size was fine and it's right in the middle of everything. Very important to me, it was also very quiet. If you do stay there, make sure to join their frequent stay club (it's free) in advance. One of the special benefits was that they deliver 2 beverages to your room in the morning.
Old Aug 24th, 2016, 07:23 AM

The Marriott is in a particularly convenient location since it's on the edge of the French Quarter but not in it (yet still within easy walking distance to everything), so it's actually easier to get there and get out if, say, you are taking a tour. The Omni has a more central location directly within the French Quarter and closer to Jackson Square. I don't think you'd go wrong with either hotel. Unfortunately, I can't really advise on the pricing.
Old Aug 24th, 2016, 08:15 AM

I second The Hotel Monteleone and also the Roosevelt Hotel. Both have great histories. Don't know about the prices, but the atmosphere is great for both. Have a great time. October is a wonderful time to visit.
Old Aug 24th, 2016, 04:46 PM

Hello Ladies,

Having been to NOLA many times, when young, when middle young and when a bit more seasoned.... I would absolutely NOT stay in the thick of the quarter... It is not relaxing, peaceful nor really all that great to me. People wasted to every degree and even when I was one of them it was not fun.

Last visit I stayed for a very good price at this hotel....

Fabulous... with all of the great touches. Cookies at night, lovely old bar.... and you can walk to and LEAVE the quarter...Le Pavillon Hotel 4.0 of 5
Special Offer Book Early & Save 15%

Le Pavillon Hotel Slideshow

Show Prices

#51 of 162 hotels in New Orleans

4.5 of 5 stars
2,523 reviews
30 travelers mentioned "historical building" and "historic hotel" when describing this hotel.

"A great place to stay!!"

"Historical building, beatifully maintained, close to French Quarter. Free hot chocolate and PB & Js every night, what could be better?..."

"ABSOLUTELY WON-DER-FULLLLLLLL!!!"

"Le Pavillon is a truly a gem! It's a beautifully decorated historic hotel with very pleasant, helpful and accommodating staff--WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING THERE!! I surprised my..."