Reload this Page >

Need Help!! Disney World

Search

Need Help!! Disney World

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:27 PM
John

Need Help!! Disney World

I really need some help here - interested in your experience please.

We are taking some Wish Foundation families to Disney World in October and need reasonable accommodation. We will have help with tickets to Disney but also need a break on the accommodations. Can someone tell me where to find the best deals near DisneyWorld - on hotels.

We need about 6 suites for the families.

thank-you.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 03:41 PM
Brown

Who is "we"? An organization? If so, please give a valid email address.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 08:38 PM
john

We is the Serge Giroux Golf Dream Foundation - a foundation run the Children's Hospital in Ottawa, Canada to give kids with life threatening illnesses wishes.

any info would be appreciated.

thanks.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 10:10 PM
cece

There is a Days Inn right outside of the Disney World Resorts. There prices are quite inexpensive. The rooms are simple, but clean. You may try contacting their corporate office to see if they would give you a special discount or comp. rooms as it would be a tax benefit and good P.R. for them.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:12 AM
get

No question you should be able to find a hotel chain to give you a discount, maybe even free rooms in exchange for some willingness to take press interviews while you are there. I am sure you won't have to pay full price! I would even check with Disney hotels (which are wonderful!) as they may be willing to discount enough to stay there. Call one of the hotels there and ask for the top mananger and go from there. GOOD LUCK!

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:43 AM
Mickey

Go to www.mousesavers.com for good deals. I stayed on Disney property last October for $49 per night. Also, call Disney and ask for hotel help.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 12:36 PM
Gail

Besides the mousesavers site, try www.disboards.com and www.wdwig.com
Lots of great informaiton there.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 03:27 PM
sally

October is definelty low season. I bet if you called Disney themselves because of the situation they would probably give you very resonable rates at one of their value properities. It would be so much better if you can get rooms on site. The children would enjoy it so much more. I would try this first. Staying off disney property is a big hassle.

Old Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:43 PM
jk

We like the Holiday Inn family suite resort you can usually get good rates there and its ideal for families. Seperate bedroom for parents , room with bunk beds ,tv and nintendo for kids. Free breakfast buffet for everyone , great pools for adults and children, playground.

Old Sep 15th, 2002, 10:35 PM
Benthere

Try your local fraternities...like the Loyal Order of Moose etc. I know they would help as long it is a bona fide organized group. Give them a call and have a great time. The Moose Lodges are there to help the children!

Old Sep 16th, 2002, 04:01 AM
Me2

Another vote for the Holiday Inn Family Suites. I know that both Holiday Inn suite hotels in the area have been very generous with these types of organizations in the past.

Old Sep 27th, 2002, 07:25 PM
Anne

The Grosvenor (Dowtwon Disney) was offering a good deal with an Entertainment card. $55/night in October with a veiw of the parking lot. They will not tell you about this rate unless you drag it out of them.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Michele

My family and I went to Disney World 2 years ago after my son "made a wish" through Make A Wish foundation. We stayed at a place called Give Kids the World. It is a wonderful place just for wish kids. I'm not sure if only Make A Wish foundation kids can stay there or if they welcome other foundations. Are all the families coming with you wish families? If you could get a room there it would be free. I can't say enough positive things about that place.

Old Sep 28th, 2002, 08:14 PM
dejahma

If possible you should stay on disney property. All of the buses are equipped for disabled passengers and the drivers and staff are very attentive. Prices are very low right now and into Oct. Be sure to get electric or push wheel chairs at the entrance to each park if needed. The lines to get them may seem long but they move quickly. I have never seen any place as accessable as Disney.