Napili area in march?

Search

Napili area in march?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Napili area in march?

we are thinking of staying at Napili Shores around mid march for two weeks. this would be our first trip to Hawaii and wondered if this would be a good area to stay for that long? any feedback on the resort?
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 08:41 PM

Can't comment on that specific complex but Napili Bay is nice & at that time should provide good whale sights too.
Any other comments regarding places to stay depend so much on budget, likes & dislikes etc.
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 06:49 AM

P.S. Here's the Napili webcam to get you in the mood !

http://www.tenoch.com/NapiliBay/livecam.htm
Old Nov 15th, 2003, 03:01 PM
bquarre

Napili is very low key and laid back. The resorts in Napili are older, smaller condos. There are no large resorts, except for the Napili Kai and that is still pretty laid back. The beach is glorious. I would think this would be a great place to spend two weeks. I think it is a great location.

Old Nov 15th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. We were thinking of splitting time between napili and somewhere further south on the island but would rather not waste a day moving, and figured we could explore the island from one location. Laid back is good and from what I have read it's not that far to more active areas. Can't wait.
Old Nov 17th, 2003, 12:56 PM

We stayed at Napili Bay a few years ago and thought it was great. It is much more laid back,but we really enjoyed that. The Napili beach is fantastic and great for snorkling. The Shores looked like a very nice place, and it gets good ratings. One of the best places to eat breakfast in Maui is located at the Shores, The Gazebo. The view is awesome and the food is top notch. We will be in Maui in March as well and this year we decided to stay at the Honokeana Cove resort, right off the Napili beach, next door to the Shores. We actually checked into staying at the Shores, but got a better deal at Honokeana. You will not be disappointed in the Napili area, and it close to Whalers Village.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 07:28 AM

We stayed at Honokeana Cove in March a few years ago. The resort had its own snorkelling cove which was nice and convenient. Napili area was lush and beautiful, however it was very windy, sometimes chilly, and we had some rain. The unit we were in was older (7o's) and dark, and we heard traffic noise from bedroom. Resort was geared towards adults (kids were not allowed to throw a frisbee or ball around on the grounds, for ex.). I would not stay there again; in fact I don't think I would stay in the Napili area that time of year because of the weather uncertainty.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 07:47 AM

Received 83 Likes on 5 Posts
Napili Bay is the only place we stay on Maui - in our many visits to the Island (except the very first trip) we're always drawn back to Napili. We've not stayed at Napili Shores, but we have enjoyed our stays at Napili Sunset, The Napili Bay, the Mauian and Hale Napili.

We like the fact that no building in Napili is higher than a palm tree and that it's away from the major tourist crush of Lahaina, yet close enough to just hop in the car and toodle to wherever...

If you can afford it, I'd suggest you opt for an ocean view unit, as some buildings in these complexes do back to a noisy road. You won't have any noise problems if you're oceanfront, or even garden view in some complexes.