Michaelangelo Hotel NYC

Search

Michaelangelo Hotel NYC

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michaelangelo Hotel NYC

I just need to share the great experience we had this weekend at the Michaelangelo Hotel in NYC. I learned about it on this forum, and what everyone else said is true... excellent location, lovely surroundings, and a great value.

It always sticks in my craw to spend big bucks on a hotel room, but I thought our rate of $240/ night (in April) was well worth it (let's face it, all rooms in nyc are ridiculously expensive). We were right in the heart of the theater district, just a block from Radio City MH, and a few blocks from Central Park. The room was large and comfortable and included all the ameneties you'd expect. In a busy city like NY, I really enjoyed the quiet atmosphere this hotel provided. I'd highly reccommend it, especially if you plan on going to the theater.

PS-- We saw "Nixon/Frost" in previews... it was outstanding! As long as the same lead actors stay with the show, it should be a big hit. See it if you can.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 03:31 PM

Did you peek in their newly opened restaurant? Something called Isiememe?? Some fancy spanzy Italian restaurant?

How's their public areas, bar/lounge, etc...
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

The restaurant is still under renovation, so I didn't get a chance to see it.

The lobby/bar area is not very big, but nice. They offer free "European" breakfast in the morning, which basically means muffins and coffee, (including cappuccino, which made me very happy).
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 05:13 PM

Thanks so much for posting your experience at the Michelangelo! We are staying there in May and it's good to know I made the right choice. I've seen somewhere that the restaurant was due to open today -doesn't sound like it happened!
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Kealalani

I love that hotel and for the life of me I cannot understand how that prime realestate restaurant isn't something magnificant yet!!!

Thanks for the update msteacher!!!

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 05:58 PM

We stay in the Michaelangelo every January and love it - I also can not understand what is taking so long with the restaurant - but the hotel is a great location - close to everything but just outside of the craziness of Times Sq - glad you had a great time - we also just returned from NYC and when we aren't doing multiple theater shows, we stay at the HOtel Giraffe - another wonderful hotel in our opinion
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:00 PM

I've only stayed at the Michelangelo once and that was a number of years ago, but it was a wonderful place then. When I see places like the Belvedere or Milford Plaza or similar OK but very basic and budget-style hotels for over $300 I'm really astounded that you could find such a wonderful hotel for less than $250.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:43 PM

We just stayed there in March, for the second time, and indeed, it's a gem! Thanks, msteacher, for giving it the attention it deserves here.
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 04:22 AM

We also stayed there a couple years ago and arrived on a train at Gran Central Station. We could walk to the hotel, which was great.

We were upgraded to a room that had an entryway and living room. At the complimentary breakfast they used to offer cappuchino(sp)

Great convenient location.