Marriott Desert Springs Villas 1 & 2

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 09:58 AM
lisi

Marriott Desert Springs Villas 1 & 2

Can anyone tell me the difference, if any, between these 2 properties? I know the first one is closer to the main resort, and gets spa privileges there as well. Is the newer property (I assume that would be #2) really that much nicer/newer than the first that it would matter? The rates are the same. Does anyone know how old the first complex is?
Also, do either of them have restaurants on site?
TIA

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 06:41 PM
Trish

We stayed at the Marriott Villa's 1, two years ago. Our room and the setting was great. There are restaurants at the hotel, a little pricy for the food. In downtown Palm Springs there are some great restaurants. I have only been to Palm Springs once and was glad we stayed at the Marriott. Have fun!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 02:25 PM
Jan

We own a timeshare in villas 1 and have been going there for about 12 years. We also have friends who have bought timeshares in villas 2. Although they are both very nice I like villas 1 better. I think they are bigger and the spa privileges are a nice bonus. They are in the process of upgrading the villas 1 and something has been done each time we go back. Villas 2 has a nice pool area and yes it is farther away from the hotel(which offers pool privleges) but there are shuttles that can take you there, or it's a nice walk. You will enjoy either one, it is a great place to vacation!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:05 PM
aleichenberg

Jab gave good description. I have stayed in both, own at VillasII. VillasI is larger, closer and includes the spa priveleges worth $25.00 a day. Obviously the recently remodeled units will be nicer than the older units. VillasII is already beginning remodling of their units. If you get one either I or II) with older or worn furnishings and don't feel satisfied,demand a change. Pools are closer in VillasII and there are more than at VillasI. There is a snack bar and a Pizza Hut in VillasII. No restaurant in VillasI, but the hotel is close. Lots of local places are nearby if you have a car. If not then you're stuck with the above. There are many places that deliver to the Villas. You can't go wrong either way. If you are staying in a studio size, VillasI is much larger and has a whirpool tub. If in a one bedroom, again VillasI is larger, but both are nice. You can see a floor plan at marriott.com, then look under vacation villas. Have a great time!!