Auberge du Soleil or Meadowood

Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:13 AM
darcy

Auberge du Soleil or Meadowood

Planning special stay in Napa Valley.Help me choose Auberge du Soleil or Meadowood.Are they worth the extra money or should I condsider Villagio Inn or others.

Thank You!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 09:04 AM
Earl

The Villagio Inn and Spa is quite nice, has very comfortable, well furnished rooms and is conveniently located if your primary purpose in being in the Napa Valley is touring the wine country. However, by itself, it is not a "special" place in the sense of Auberge du Soleil or Meadowood. If you have the money and are looking for a unique, relaxing experience, both Meadowood and Auberge du Soleil provide it. Of the two, I prefer Meadowood because to me it feels more private, secluded and romantic. On the other hand, if you do a search on this board, you will find many people who feel the same way about Auberge du Soleil. If you haven't been to either place, the best you can do is compare their web sites and try to figure out which place appeals to you the most.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 10:38 AM
MJS

You have the best and worst of choices. Both are wonderful, I prefer Auberge because its smaller, it has a beautiful view of the Valley, and it is just so romantic.

Meadowood also has lovely grounds, but the decor reminds me of a very fancy country club, rather than the wine country.

Of course both are wonderful choices and do as I do, stay at one and then hang out at the other!

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:05 PM
June

Darcy - The Auberge Du Soleil has my vote as one of the nicest inns. Great restaurant.It's worth the money for a special event.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:20 PM
Gayle

Another vote for Meadowood. My husband and I stayed there for a week for our anniversay last June. It was heavenly. Our suite was very private secluded, and wonderfully romantic. We loved walking around the forested grounds. We had dinner one night at Auberge du Soleil and it was very good. However, between the two, it wouldn't be our kind of place to stay. It had more of a fancy resort type of feeling. We also had dinner at the French Laundry (reservations made months in advance). It was outstanding. I'm sure you will be happy whichever place you stay.