Honeymmon Help in Wine Country

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honeymmon Help in Wine Country

Hello! We are planning our honeymoon in March. It will be our first time in the area. Any suggestions of romatic places to stay? We were thinking about the Vintage Inn or Villagio...any opinions? Or about the SSonoma Mission Inn or Sonoma Lodge. We'd love to do the Auberge but it is a little out our price range!

Also, we only have 4 days, do you think we will be able to see Napa and Sonoma, or should we just do Napa?

Thanks in advance, any advice is appreciated!

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 11:00 AM

In four days you can easily see the high points of both the Napa and Sonoma wine country. For lodging, the new Inn at Yountville (I think that's the name) looks very nice from the outside, and there are any number of pleasant small inns spread throughout the area. I've heard good things about the Vintage Inn. You won't miss not having stayed at the Auberge du Soleil--it's really over priced these days. Lunch at the restaurant, however, is a nice thing to do; ask for an outside table if the weather is mild.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 09:56 AM

The newish Milliken Inn, on the Silverado Trail and near the Napa River, looks like a very romantic place to stay for a honeymoon.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 10:40 AM

Underhill: What about the Silverado Resort? I remember spending a wonderful weekend there, but that was a number of years ago.
Old Jan 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM

Hi! We have enjoyed the The Yountville Inn, www.yountvilleinn.com is the past. The rooms are nice and large, the staff is very hospitable and the pool and jacuzzi area is very nice.

In the am a nice buffet breakfast is set out. Get a room with a patio over-looking Hopper Creek.

Auberge du Soleil is a beautiful but very price property. We enjoy lunch out on the terrace in the Spring. The views are very beautiful.

In Sonoma,I adore the Sonoma Mission Inn. We stayed in the Wine Country rooms and they were very nice. I will be returning here again in March. Check out the website and the recent reviews of the property. www.sonomamissioninn.com For me, it's the only place I want to stay in this area.

We considered a night in Healdsburg but have decided to stay at the SMI and do a day trip to that area instead.

Have a great time! ***kim***

Old Jan 28th, 2004, 03:59 PM

The Silverado is nice if you're interested in golf, but I don't think it's especially romantic.
Old Jan 28th, 2004, 06:03 PM

The Sonoma Mission Inn is undergoing a MUCH needed renovation through April 2004. Nearly 100 of the guestrooms are
closed and they even moved the lobby/check inn area!
I surely would not want to have my honeymoon in a construction zone!
W/WO the renovation I would choose the, Milliken Inn any day over SMI.
R5
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 10:33 AM

Check out www.macarthurplace.com in Sonoma! They have two rooms that are separate cottages, and we've stayed in both and loved them....their other rooms look gorgeous too. Beautifully decorated, lovely fabrics--they are all different. Be sure and get one with a fireplace and Jacuzzi tub! Their spa also offers great massages as well as other treatments. The grounds are incredible as the central part of the property was an old house with a well-known garden. There is also a good restaurant on the property plus it's an easy walk to other restaurants in Sonoma. Can you tell we liked our stays there??