Mansfield Ohio on business

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 08:02 AM
sandi

Mansfield Ohio on business

I have to travel to Mansfield, OH. later this month on business. I've never been to Ohio before. The office is on Lexington Ave and I will have a car. I'd love to stay in an older hotel with lots of character. Any suggestions? Also, if I have time, I'd like to scope out any antique store or used bookstores. Any ideas would be aprreciated. I'm in the process of search the web for other info.

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 10:53 AM
sandi

PLEEEEAAASSSEEE, some hotel suggestions would be sooo nice. Thanks!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 11:43 AM
amy

Sandi - I'm from a very small town about 15 miles from Mansfield, and I moved away about 20 years ago, but still have relatives there - I never got the impression that Mansfield has what you're looking for. (Although, its been a loonnnnggg time, and I may be way off on this). You might be better off looking for a B&B to get the character you want. Did you check www.mansfieldtourism.com? As I recall the Kingwood Center and Malabar Farms were two nearby attractions. (Bogart and Bacall were married at Malabar Farms). Sorry I can't give you any specific recommendations for a hotel, my impression is that there are many that are basic hotels just off the highway. Sorry this isn't more help- Amy

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:03 PM
up chuck

Most people would rather be pistol-whipped and left for dead by the side of the road than go to Mansfield. Hope the business there is good!

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 01:11 PM
sandi

Why do people answer threads when they have nothing to contribute?

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 01:46 PM
not

The only thing of much note in Mansfield is Kingswood Gardens. It's an old Frnch syle estate that allows you to roam the gardens and (sometimes) enter the large home. It can be rally great or just so-so depending on the blooming season. You'll see signs everywhere, and it right on a main thourougfare. Can't miss it.

Or you can check out the old prison.

Hmmm. That's about it.

Have fun!