Reload this Page >

Romantic hotels around Hanover and in the Harz region

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:18 AM
kat

yes, I know, Hanover probably does not evoque automatically images of romance in people's minds... but we have to stay there for one night so if anybody can recommend and give some feedback on a romantic hotel around Hanover, I would be very happy indeed! (we will have a car). I looked at a map and saw that the Harz area as well is "close by" - we could also drive there and stay there if there is a nice place... looking forward to your suggestions!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:10 AM
wes fowler

Kat,<BR>You might want to consider staying in Hameln of Pied Piper fame. It's under 30 miles from Hannover. Take a look at the town's website and then its hotels and inns:<BR><BR>www.hameln.com/english/tourism/index.htm<BR><BR>www.hotel-jugendstil.de/<BR><BR>This entire area is absolutely delightful, in part because it's not overly infested with tourist hordes. You'll be in the midst of fairy-tale land and Baron Munchausen's bailiwick.<BR><BR>If you're interested, I've a number of driving itineraries for the area which may give you some ideas of what to see, where to go, during your stay. Drop me an Email and I'll forward them to you but do so promptly; I'm going into hospital at week's end for an extended stay.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:18 AM
kat

Wes,<BR>many thanks for your advise - unfortunately we have to continue the next day towards Dessau in Sachsen Anhalt and then Hameln is a bit out of the way... but I did hear very recently somebody also saying many good things about Hameln, and now seeing your post I think we will definitely consider it for a "next". All the best for you, I hope all goes well during your hospital stay...(and hopefully you will have Internet access there) cheers, kat

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 01:16 AM
kat

anybody?

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 03:11 AM
rick

Hi! Can't recommend a specific hotel, but as for towns I would recommend Goslar, Wernigerode or Quedlinburg in the Harz region. Sorry I can't be of more help!