Search

Taipei Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taipei Hotels

I'll be going on a business trip to Taipei soon. Can you recommend the best hotels in Taipei right now for a combination of comfort, style, and location? Something nice with a boutique-hotel feel if possible. Does anyone have any recent experience with a good hotel? Thanks.
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 04:18 AM

I am certainly no expert on Taipei and hopefully someone with knowledge can help, but just in case, I have a business associate who visits Asia continually and she is in the Hotel Spa design business and she always stays at the 'Sherwood' in Taipei, so maybe it is worth looking at as I know she always chooses what could be termed 'fashionable' hotels. Also it is worth noting ( and this applies anywhere ) that 'where you are staying' is a reflection on you when it comes to doing business, so staying at a 'fashionable' individual hotel does hold some 'status' when associating with business people and certainly in Taiwan this also holds true, anyway so you might like to look at the Sherwood.
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 04:42 AM
Original Poster

Thank you very much for the advice, James. I'll check out the Sherwood. Since you have a friend in the hotel spa design business, I have another question. Would you or your friend know of any nice day spas in Taipei? Or the nicest hot springs near the city? Thanks.
Old Jul 28th, 2004, 11:04 AM

I stayed at the Westin earlier this year. A fine hotel like you would expect of a Westin anywhere in the world. Walking distance (5 or 10 minutes) from the train.

Dave
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 09:36 AM

try howard plaza. We stayed there in Januray this year, and it provided very nice with awesome breakfast in the morning. With coporate rate, you probably pay about 150-170 dollars per night which is a great deal in that East region of Taipei. The hotel is also very close to shopping districts and the finaicial centers.
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 09:48 AM

I highly suggest the Far Eastern Plaza Hotel in Taipei, which I stayed at for 2 wks during my last business trip. A wonderful 5 star hotel w/all the amenities/services you'd find in a comparable boutique hotel. The rooms were spacious, the staff fairly attentive, and the view from the rooftop pool is amazing! There is also a wonderful Aveda concept spa called the Horizon Spa on premises. I would definitely consider it one of the more "posh" hotels in the city. Location wise, it is a bit farther from the touristy areas as it is located in the financial district of the city and it is a very expensive.
Old Aug 16th, 2004, 07:15 PM

Far Eastern (Shangri La), Formosa Regent, and Grand Hyatt are all good. It really depends what part of Taipei you want to stay at
Old Aug 24th, 2004, 03:57 PM

The Regent is beautiful, the Ambassador is very nice, lots of business people, wouldn't call it boutique.

I think the closest hot springs would be at Yang Ming Shan, 30 minutes or so from Taipei. There are several there, can't tell you which one is best.