Hotel restaurant and spa

Old Jul 24th, 2006, 05:47 AM
SuY
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel restaurant and spa

Hi,

I am arriving at 10 at night in Delhi international and my flight is the next day at 5:40 AM. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions on hotel/no hotel stay. Am now thinking that I will go the non hotel route and wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on a good hotel restaurant. Am assuming that they will open the latest and will be 'safe' for the uninitiated tummy. Any ideas?

Also, any suggestions on a really good spa? Husband and I are going to Ladakh to trek and we arriving back in Delhi at 7 AM and leaving at 11 pm. Thinking we might need some kneading post the work-out but pre shopping!

Thanks much!
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 11:28 AM

Well, u might as well go to the RAdisson as it is very nice and clean and right near the airport, so u can hang out in Air conditioned luxury and widle away your time..*they have quite a few very very good specialty resutrant on premises, not exactly sure of the closing times *but the bar and coffee shop area will certainly be open. About a spa/resturants for return, well, many of the top luxury hotels have in~house spas open for nonguests, beautiful pool and loungue areas too that u can perhaps use for a charge and of course, * superb specialty resutrants. U can try the Hyatt, the Grand, The Taj Mahal, The Intercontinental ParkRoyal, The Sheraton, or The Taj Palace! This is not a exasutive list, just some suggestions. All the hotels mentioned have both Spas and a great choice and variety of resturants, far too numerous to mention, but most of the top Hotels have about three on~site resturants with ususally a Indian a Chinese and perhaps a Italian or Japanese or another speciality region. And of course all will have a bar and a coffee shop too...take care and feel free to drop me a line [email protected]
Old Jul 29th, 2006, 01:54 PM

The Imperial just opened a new spa this year. They were still finishing the building when I was there. Many of the Oberois have Mandara spas. Either of these will probably need advance reservations.

I'd be tempted to do the spa post shopping. You get so dusty & sweaty in Delhi that it would be nice to have a shower before heading to the airport. Or are you renting a hotel room for the day?
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 05:58 AM
SuY
Original Poster

Am defintiely doing the spa post shopping. Issue I am facing is that most hotel spas are only to their guests. The Imperial is one of them and unfortunately, have not even finished constructing their spa. I did try the suggestion of a partial rate and they all have them which is a great deal. Just ask for the day rate. However, I have realised that I actually don't have much time between shopping and the spa so am now thinking of not getting the hotel room and just showering at the spa. One that has come recommended is the Amatrra, however, their customer service sucks and I just learnt that it's in a government hotel so I am now quite concerned! Any feedback on the Amatrra would be great!
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 07:58 AM

Greetings. Yes, that is a issue, many/most hotel Spas and facilities are only open to their guests. I had previously responded and gave a long list with the hope that some will/do let in outsiders, as I know such places such as Oberoi do not,!

YES!! The spa u mentioned, Amatrra is at the govt run Ashok hotel in the very nice diplomatic and cetral neighborhood of Chanyakapuri. The hotel is not my FAVE,ha ha, BUT BUT< yes, that SPA IS ACTUALLy getting rave wonderful reviews!

And yes, the Hotel has seen its better days, but it does have some great resturants, a night club and a hip and happening bar scene too. So yes, Ashok Hotel is kind of a destination Hotel, u do not want to stay there, but happy to go there and wine and dine.. and by all means, the Spa should be wonderful. it is getting rave reiviews in Delhi..I will go when i am back in town October..Namaste.