Spa Suggestions

Old Sep 13th, 2005, 01:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spa Suggestions

My wife and I will be staying at the Royal Orchid Sheraton and the Nai Lert Park Hotel in less than two weeks. We will probably splurge on the more expensive offerings of the hotels we're staying at, but does anyone have other (less expensive) spa / massage suggestions around that area?
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 02:01 PM

Sorry, I don't have other spa suggestions, but I can comment on the spa services at the Royal Orchid. The Mandara Spa there is lovely. They do have couples treatment rooms so you can have massages together. The atmosphere is very nice, and they often have special packages with special pricing, like a half day package. There is something so relaxing about having spa treatments in your own hotel. I was there right after the new spa opened two years ago, and it got rave reviews in the local papers. There are some free-standing spas in Bangkok that get good review (do a search on this board).
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 03:23 PM

Go to the spa at the Royal Orchid. I agree that it adds a lot to be able to use a spa in your hotel and the one at the Royal Orchid has gotten wonderful reviews.
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 06:27 PM

while at the ROS you might try the massages offered on the 2nd floor above the gallery cafe restaurant...turn right as you exit the hotel onto capt bush rd....go to the end of the road and turn left...the restaurant is almost at the end of the block on your right....it is a good restaurant as well...

please write a fodors review here of the nai lert after you return...none of us ever stay there and we will be interested in your feelings: pool area, gardens, comfort, beds, restaurants.....its in a great location and has large grounds i believe....thanks....bob
Old Sep 13th, 2005, 07:20 PM

last week someone handed me a nice brochure for Ruen Thai Health Massage and Spa. It looks to be near the River City Pier (by ROS). It's in the "Win Long Place" building -- don't ask me.

Maybe ask your ROS concierge about it. Prices are very reasonable: 500 baht for 2 hour massage.
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 07:59 AM

The massage at the Gallery Cafe is very nice. The food there is also very good. The Mandara Spa is also excellent, but it costs about 4 times as much.
Old Sep 19th, 2005, 04:30 PM

In general, how much are the massages at the high end hotels like the Oriental?

Thanks - Pam