Bangkok spa

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 04:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bangkok spa

Looking for thoughts on the most luxurious spa/massage in BKK. A gift from a friend to my wife and me. Thanks.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 05:51 AM

Most luxurious? Probably the Oriental. It gets rave reviews. I used the spa at the Royal Orchid last year. It had just opened, and was The Spa to try last year. The spa rooms were lovely, and the services excellent.

Does the spa have to be in Bangkok? The "Best Destination Spa" in the world is considered to be the Chiva Som in Hua Hin. It was truly an amazing expereince. Last year, the price for a whole day of spa services (absolutely incredible) was abput US$250. Personally, I wouldn't stay at teh Chiva Som, but would stay neaby at the Hyatt and walk five minutes on the beach to the Chiva Som.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 04:18 AM

The Oriental and the Penninsula both have luxurious spas. I also like the spas at both Marriotts, the JW Marriott and the Marriott Riverside. Are they living in Bangkok or travelling there? If the latter, you may find that their hotel has a spa and you could arrange something there. The advantage to that is you are already there and can walk back to the room in your robe, or go to the pool and really relax after a treatment. Or she could take the last booking in the evening and get relaxed for a good nights' sleep. (Esp if she has a hair treatment, which can be left on all night.) Getting dressed and leaving right after a treatment is not as relaxing.

I agree that Chiva Som would be a great destination for a few days. I have gone twice, and only paid about $250 a night each time, which includes all meals, one treatment a day and all the exercise classes you can stand. They run all sorts of specials.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 12:44 PM

The Civa Som is quite amazing, if you can afford it. TheMandara Spa at the Anantara is cheaper but I think about $120. I Bangkok there are lots of local places that provide Spa treaments in the $20-40 range for a full morning or afternoon, I will ask the wife.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

It sounds like the Chiva Som and the Oriental. JamesA, I would be very interested in the BKK $20-40 spas you mentioned in addition to the luxurious ones. As I understand it, there is no current law against going to more than one. Thanks everyone.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 02:20 PM

As our recent trip to Hua hin was mared by heavy rain and flooding on our way back we are taking a trip this weekend for the Loi krathong Thai Festival which I think is about the best. Hope to get into the Nirvana in Hua Hin this time as they were totally flooded out last trip ( worst floods for 25 years ) but the place is great, totally different from hotel spas, this is 'old world' Thai charm, I will report back.
I will get the name of the place in Bangkok for you later today.
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 11:51 PM

Neva Spa at the top of the Windsor Suites. $150 for the whole works. Private massage and treatment rooms with their own tubs. My wife went to the opening a little while back, says it's amazing.