Spa in Bangkok

Mar 19th, 2003, 10:56 PM
Original Poster

Spa in Bangkok

I'm going to Bangkok for 5d/4n in April, will be staying at the new Conrad Hotel with a good rate, has anyone been there? Any recommendation on Spa/Massage? I've tried Banyan Tree Spa and Mandara Spa last year, need not to be upscale, but somewhere clean and decent. Thanks.
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:19 AM

I got the best pedicure of my life at the "beauty parlor" in the shopping arcade at the Oriental Hotel. It is the shopping mall across the hotel entrance. In NY a poditrist does not do as much as was done here. Nothing hurt and my nails have never been so good. I would go back to Bangkok just for the pedicure. Didn't have time to try the Oriental spa, but it is reputed to be excellent.
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:20 AM

FYI>>the pedicure was very reasonable. I forget the price, but I was so pleased I gave a big tip which was unnecessary.
Mar 21st, 2003, 05:12 PM

just came back from bkk - my husband and i had the most excellent pedicure ever for 500 baht at mandara spa in the royal orchid sheraton 9on the chao phraya)..i didn't get there but my sister swears by the classic thai massage at Wat Po temple - $8 for an hour...They're apparently famous for it.
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:51 AM

I also used the Mandara Spa at the Royal Orchid in November, right after they opened. I'd recommend it highly.

Search this Thread