Bangkok spas

Old Mar 5th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Original Poster

Bangkok spas

Here's a tough question for everyone; what is your favorite spa in Bangkok? I have heard good things about Face and the spa at the Peninsula Hotel, but I would welcome some opinions. Many thanks.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:04 PM

... well, Bangkok spas ... where to begin ... (and I promise to keep the following, 'PG-13') ...

... kicking off with praise of yes, Thai Airways, and its serene BKK Royal Orchid Spa. (Please don't tell the SQ-Forever wife.) Specifically, those full-body oil massages, with my favourite masseuse, pre TG 600 & 606 First (Bangkok - Hong Kong), and TG 676 F (BKK - Narita). ... (If you want more TG info, type 'macintosh' in the tripadvisor Thailand search bar) ...

... (and should the 'monkey god' be monitoring, please do tell your TG exec friends this SIA loyalist thinks the world of TG F service ex-BKK to HKG and NRT - 'equipment/schedule changes' and all) ...

... now, as for the Peninsula's 'ESPA', the better half has spent what I consider to be 'silly dosh', but when once challenged, she countered, "You once flew Concorde for fun!" ... (do believe a little lesson for some of you in 'new' marriages/commitments) ...

... fortunately, mrs. m is presently partial to the simple pleasures of having a masseuse come around to our Bangkok and Singapore homes. (A bit more dear in SIN.) ... (and she does have a favourite and rather small, 'traditional' Bangkok spa, but, well, that's classified on this rather public forum) ...

... and, as for yours truly, well, a certain pre mrs. m 'soapy' will always resonate, and yes, the occasional outcall 'threesome' with lovely masseuses at rather cherished Bangkok hotels ... (maximum discretion, highly advised) ...

... well, a lovely, uplifting weekend to all of you, from sweet SIN ...

macintosh (robert)

... "S_xercise!!!" ...

(Room ____, Peninsula Bangkok, 200_)
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:41 PM

I have nothing to compare with AO's recommendations, but I do like Face Spa - the treatment rooms are small teak houses for two. The treatments are good and it's very atmospheric. For menu and prices see www.facebars.com click on Bangkok then on spa.

I've used the Mandara sap at the Sheraton Royal Orchid and it's lovely. Lovely Asian -minimalist decor, wide range of treatments. In general, hotel spas are more expensive than free-standing spas.

We tried a spa last trip that I wouldn't recommend, though I can't remember the name of it. It was near Bumrungrad.
Old Mar 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM

My two favorite places for spas in BKK are the Peninsula and Face Bar. Both are totally different in atmosphere and price...but both have been been great experiences for both my husband and I. At the Peninsula we opted for the private massage room and it was BEAUTIFUL and very romantic.

As for Face...it is fun to have a massage in these neat teak huts and then be treated to some yummy Thai or
Indian food afterwords. Most of the time my husband and I take a nap and shower in the suite afterwords before dinner...just too relaxed

Enjoy!!
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 05:41 AM

As far as hotel spas go, my favourite would be the in-house one at the Banyan Tree hotel nr Silom. My fiancee and I visted while staying and, in terms of ambience and treatments, it was first rate.

If, however, you simply want to try a traditional (Wat Po-style) Thai massage, Bangkok is full of small establishments catering mostly to locals where they are just as adept - if not, more so - than at the big hotels. We paid just 250 baht for an hour that left us feeling like brand-new people.

Not only that, as a rich 'farang' you can leave a tip that will make the masseuese's day and help out a local business that needs your money more than luxury hotel chains do.