Looking for a decent hotel close to center, nothing luxurious but clean

I've narrowed it down to these
1. The Trident Hotel
2. Narain Niwas Palace
3. Rajputana Sheraton

- $35-$50 range
- We don't need a lot of amenities just A/C
and Hot/Cold Water

#2 the Narain Niwas Palace looks good with lots of charm but I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed there?
Old Apr 13th, 2004, 03:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Kit, I have stayed at both The Trident and Narain Niwas. While the Trident is probably more comfortable, Narain Niwas definitely has more character, although a little rundown, and I would prefer a heritage hotel any day - for both charm and a smaller size. The prices are great at this time of year aren't they? Hotel Mandawa Haveli and Bissau Palace (which is listed on Alastair Sawday's Special Places To Stay) also look good. Have a meal at the Rambagh Palace. Have also stayed at Jaipur Palace Hotel which is very comfortable but not a heritage place.
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 07:02 AM
car

I was last week in Jaipur and stayed at the Samode Haveli, price wise a bit more priccy than your ideas, 80$ per night. But I found it really good and full of charm. They have a newly built swimming pool that was really great and refreshing in the afternoon.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 12:20 AM

Jaipur has its share of world class hotels, heritage hotels, business hotels in all ranges, and family hotels. I would strongly suggest a family hotel, more particularly those that are small and cosy and have most of the facilities that you expect in a first class hotel - pool, air-con, cable TV, smiling staff. Then there is the added bonus of low prices and family interaction.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 09:11 AM

hi there. I am assuming you are going in low-season,(till end of sept) when the prices at the luxury hotels seriously comes down. I have stayed at both the trident and sheraton on numerous occasions, and both are very comfortable, modern and have all the amenities. The Sheraton is much larger, actually somewhat spralling, built around several courtyards, and actually, as far as Sheratons go, it is quite nice, very comfrtable 2/3 resturants, including one very delicious/characteristic northwest cusine, and shopping acrade. The trident is smaller, a bit more intimate, has only one multi-cusine resturant, but also all the mod-cons and a nice location overlooking a small lake and the water palace. I have not stayed at the Narain Niwas, but Fenno has written about it, a differnt type of hotel altogether; smaller, more character, less modern,a shade run-down, but more historic. All are fine choices, and there are plenty others, up to you. have a great journey///
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 09:43 AM

I stayed at the Rajputana Sheraton a few years back. This is a full service modern hotel, with a wide selection of facilities, maintained in a very good way.

You may struggle to get it within your price range. Well done if you have, because at those rates it's a bargain. It may be, however, more hotel than you were after.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 09:53 AM

yes, i will agree with the Walter. The price range kitty mentioned did seem a bit low for both the Sheraton and the Trident, especially if it will be double occupancy, but i was assuming she had hold of off-season, low, summer discounted room rates, as in the summer and even through september, the rates at the luxury hotels are seriously discounted. Once the season takes full swing in October-march, the rates will go up. Another note, it is set to be a very busy season indeed in Rajathan, with many Hotels already operating at full-capacity and sold out for many periods.nothing like this in years. [email protected]
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 05:13 PM

See if you can get Raj Mahal in your budget - ask for a room in the renvated wing. is a charming, small 920 odd room) converted palace, well located, excellent service and the renovated rooms are very comfortable. Will give you more of a flavour of jaipur than your current choices.