Jaisalmer hotels

Old Mar 26th, 2007, 11:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaisalmer hotels

I am a travel agent in Australia and am planning a trip for a friend and her husband next year to celebrate her 50th birthday. I travelled to Rajasthan late last year but not to Jaisalmer- suggested hotel is Fort Rajwada, all the brochures seem to have it as best hotel but I looked up reviews and not all are great. Any comments would be appreciated.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 03:39 AM

Here are some of th hotels I know of -

-Hotel Deoki Niwas Palace
- Hotel Gorbandh Palace
- Hotel Rang Mahal - Heritage property
- Hotel Mandir Palace

I hope this was of help.

Bhavika
http://fractalenlightenment.blogspot.com/
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Original Poster

Bhavika,

many thanks for your suggestions- I will check them out.
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:18 PM

Fort Rajwada is indeed a nice property, followed by Gorbandh,Rang Mahal & Heritage inn. Killa Bhawan is a small property with tastefully decorated rooms on Fort ramparts. The views from the rooms are good. It is being run by a French. Rawal Kot is a Taj hotel, with fine views of the fort. Some of the rooms on the top floor are very nice in comparison to those which are in the basement. However, it is far away from the city centre.
The problem with some of the fine properties which are not managed by renowned hotel groups is that the services are less professionally managed. The boys will bend backwards to please you, but do not have formal training in management.
Best Wishes!
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:58 PM

I stayed at Fort Rajwada and really liked it. The rooms with a view of the fort are great. As the last poster said it is not in the fort. But of the hotels in the area I think it is hard to go wrong here.

If i were to go back I would like to stay in the fort complex -- definetly a step down, but would be an interesting experience.
Old Mar 28th, 2007, 10:06 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all- after checking out suggestions I think Fort Rajwada is the go. From looking at the web sites and your comments it seems that the hotels in Jaisalmer may not have been upgraded to the same extent as other hotels in Rajasthan. On my trip in November I stayed at some Taj hotels and thought them lovely and the one I stayed in Jaipur had been recently renovated.
Old Mar 29th, 2007, 02:33 AM

Just make sure they have a conformation for a fort view room. We had a few problems with the front desk as we thought we had a view room. It all got worked out but a minor hassel.

Also if they want to do a short camel safari. I would suggest Kuri. We went to a place with no other tourists for sunset and it was amazing.

I also would highly recommend the guide we used. He is not only very well respected in Jaisalmer, but when I was asked throughout Rajasthan who our guide was in Jaisalmer. The reponce was " Oh you were so lucky, he is the premiere guide" And That he was.

I do not have his information, since I am in hawaii and we will be here for 2 more weeks. But if you are inteested I do have it at home.
Sally