Old Jan 4th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agra - Jaypee Palace Hotel

Has anyone stayed here?

Thanks - VHS
Old Jan 4th, 2007, 08:30 PM

Hotel Jay Pee Palace is a nice place to be staying at. It has beautiful rooms, nice gardens, swimming pool & located about a mile away from the Taj.It is the restaurant, which I personally feel, is a bit of a let down...does not have the same ambience as the Taj View. You may very well stay at & enjoy Jay Pee.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Thanks vp_singh.

I have seen this at a good price so think I will go ahead and book - we can always eat somewhere else. Any recommendations? VHS.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:15 PM

I took a tour of the rooms at the Jaypee recently. They have a large number of different types of rooms, some are much better than others. I would only take if I got a “Palace” room which are their newest most recently redone rooms. Either ask for a Palace room, or ask to see a number of rooms before you take one. Their spa is also quite strange, a bit old and not really private, but their prices are very cheap. I did not use any services. I would say it is more like 2 miles to the Taj from the Jaypee, not really close.

For restaurants, any of the two in the Oberoi are good, and the Taj View has a good restaurant as well.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 02:12 AM

I'd say go ahead and book the hotel, I know a bunch of people who stayed there recently and said it was fine. For restaurants the Amar Vilas has an amazing INdian one but it is expensive. More reasonable are the restauarnts in the MUghal Sheraton (tho check if renovations are complete) and Taj View as advised.
Old Jan 19th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice - been away on business and just catching up on mails etc.

Arriving in India next week and all accommodation now booked, including Jaypee Palace - I will ask for a Palace room Cicerone.

Can you help further please?

1) how far is Jaypee Palace from Agra Fort train station?

2) how far is Taj Mahal from Agra Fort train station?

Thanks - VHS.

Posting some new questions if you are able to help.....

VHS.
Old Jan 21st, 2007, 07:40 PM

I am pretty sure that the train station you want is Agra Cantonment, NOT Agra Fort. I don’t think many trains (esp the fast Delhi trains) stop at Agra Fort. I believe the Taj is about 2 miles from the Cantonment train station, but don’t quote me on that. You can see a map of the city at http://www.mapsofindia.com/maps/uttarpradesh/agra.htm. The Cantonment station is to the southwest. The Taj is on the river to the south east. (You can also see the Agra Fort station, its near the river just north of the Taj.) The Jaypee Palace hotel is about 4-5 miles from the Cantonment station I estimate. The hotel is in not shown on the map, but is off to the south east corner down Fatehabad Road.
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 11:23 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Cicerone but I did mean Agra Fort station. Our train gets in at 6 am from Varanasi and I was trying to work out whether to go directly to the Taj (want to see at sunrise) or the hotel.

Will check map reference but leaving today (in 4 hours) so may not get to see any posted responses before I go. VHS.