Hotel In Jaipur

Search

Hotel In Jaipur

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel In Jaipur

My wife and I will be in Jaipur in late December and are having a hard time booking hotels. I have only been able to find availability at the Holiday Inn, Hotel Umaid Bahwan or the Umaid Mahal. If you have stayed at any of these, can you please give me your opinion?
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 10:46 AM

It probably wouldn't hurt you to check www.tripadvisor.com on this one - there are multiple reviews of each of the three - all generally positive.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 11:16 AM

We stayed at Samode Haveli- a heritage hotel in the walled city. We were very happy there. Nice pool, big room and bathroom and good location. In Aug 2005 it was about $115 a night.
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 11:53 AM

Hello there/ Namaste!
The hotel situation for Jaipur is indeed very tight for the whole tourist season, the wedding season, and the holiday season. Decmeber is almost booked solid in the region!

It is true, many hotels are booked and even overbooked. I am familiar the Holiday Inn, not my favoirte but functional. It is located a bit out of town, or rather en route to Amber.

The other two properties are smaller/heritage family owned hotels. There are so many small hotels of this nature, but personally have not seen or heard reports on either..

I wld not give up your search yet, esepcailly if u have your heart on something else, as there are endless places to stay in Jaipur, in all budgets and the status of hotels and availability changes all the time with cancellatins,reshuffling and overbookings, etc, etc...

Have u looked at the Alisar Haveli, Samode haveli, Raj Palace or Trident Hilton?

Anyways, if u need some help or info, feel free to drop me a line. I am in/out of jaipur all the time, know the majority of the properties and many folks in Jaipur too who can possibly help out. take care and Namaste [email protected]
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 04:59 PM

We had great luck using Alastair Sawday's "Special Places to Stay" for India. You can access it electronically and most listed accomodations have an email address so that you can contact the hotel directly.
http://sawdays.co.uk/maps/india/index.html
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 11:34 PM

I can recommend 2 very different places. Jas Vilas www.jasvilas.com a small family hotel, spotless clean, everything works and the couple, who runs it, can give you all kinds of information, sight seeing, shopping, onward travel. On www.indiamike.com there is quite a few reviews of this hotel.
We also stayed in Samode Haveli in their Mirror suite, that was one of the highlights of our many years of travelling. We invited a great deal of the other quests for drinks in the suite, just could not keep this gem to ourselves. We saw some of the other rooms, if you are prepared to pay the difference in price, there is no comparison.
Old Sep 19th, 2006, 09:56 AM

k44- where is the mirror suite? and about how much was the price? Sounds wonderful!
Old Sep 20th, 2006, 12:37 AM

Icuy. The mirror Suite is one of the two suites in Samode Haveli www.samode.com, we stayed there about 5 years ago and in low season so the price was different from today, but we still remember it as a very unic experience, we also stayed at the Samode palace.
We went for lunch at Rambagh Palace, Jaipur and had a peak into some of the rooms and we were pleased with our decision to stay at the Samode properties in stead of.
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 05:41 AM

Umaid Bhawan is in Jodhpur. Suggestions for jaipur include Alsisar Haveli, Mandawa House, and Shahpura House. All are town houses of dignatries who hav their castles and forts out in the desert. I like them all, in no particular order.
Any questions, please revert to me.
Old Oct 12th, 2006, 02:41 PM

Hi
Jas Vilas is a wonderful family run hotel.
The ambience is warm and hospitable.
The meals were very good, too.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM

I wanted to really like Samode Haveli when we stayed there a few years ago but the room we were in gave me the creeps! It was very big and I have stayed in many hotels all over the world and it was the first time I had that sort of feeling. I managed to check out one of the mirror suites when the maids were cleaning, very interesting but if I am there next time I will stay in Rambagh Palace, we booked our tour too late and couldn't get in, it was late December too. Umaid Bhawan in Jodhpur is highly recommended but make sure you don't get a room in the dungeon. There are no windows!