Quiet Hotels in Delhi

Search

Quiet Hotels in Delhi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24th, 2003, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quiet Hotels in Delhi

We will be in Delhi in December (1st stop in India, 1st time in India). We are somewhat sensitive to noise while sleeping, and are looking for quiet accommodation in Delhi. We are considering the Broadway Hotel in Old Delhi, some newer places in the Connaught Place area, and some guesthouses near the golfcourse / zoo. I'm sure the guesthouses will be the most quiet, but they're a bit out of the way. Any suggestions? If we're in a newer hotel but away from the street will it be quiet? Any advice will be appreciated.
Old Oct 24th, 2003, 01:23 PM

Look into Nirulas in CP. Also as a 1st timer have you looked into getting meds for your trip? Usually malaria meds at the least are recommended. I have been to India 4 times and got thyphoid once so it is no trivial matter. Call a travel clinic to see what is needed.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 04:42 PM

You have not mentioned budget or preferred location. The Oberoi is always a quiet hotel and considered one of Delhi's most exclusive; it is the business hotel of choice. You could consider The Imperial - termed by locals as Delhiites best kept secret. Charming property right in the center of town. Delhi's only boutique hotel, The Manor is gorgeous but located a bit off center in South Delhi. All these are a bit expensive so feel free to ask me again for more mid range options.
Old Nov 19th, 2003, 08:09 PM

Also looking at Hotels in Delhi we are looking to spend no more than $150 but want to be comfortable after the long flight. Considering Hans Plaza(Connaught Place but no pool US $90), Taj Palace (far from center Us $139)

The Imperial is too pricey (US $230) and Nirula's sounds like it may be a bit cramped. Any suggestions apreciated.
Old Nov 21st, 2003, 05:28 AM

I just returned from India and stayed at the Hans Plaza for two nights. Don't go there. It's depressing and shabby, the staff is useless, the restaurant overpriced, and it smells like some kind of cleaning fluid (I was told they use phenol to clean with). The bathroom in our room was somewhat clean and modern but the room itself was as shabby as the lobby.
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 01:43 PM

Just returned from Delhi. I stayed at the Oberoi near the golf course and found it noisy. Traffic and fireworks on the beach. Then moved to the Ambassador Hotel. This is an older hotel with large rooms, very quiet, excellent resturants. The Staff was exceptional. I would return there in a minute. Not only enjoyed my stay the price was under $100 and included breakfast. It is also just a half block from a wonderful shopping center with everything you might want to shop for.
Old Nov 22nd, 2003, 01:46 PM

PS. This is a Taj hotel and is recommended in most quide books. E-mail [email protected] I made reservations through Travelocity.
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 11:06 PM

Thanks for the info I will stay away from the Hans Plaza & look into the Ambassodor. Anyone know if Claridges is any good?