Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Asia
Reload this Page >

Intercontinental Nehru Place - New Delhi

Aug 19th, 2005, 05:35 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone stayed here? The only review on tripadvisor speaks about fungus in the wine bottle and the staffs attempts to cover it up, which doesnt help me much. Looking for more qualitative information regarding the hotel? I'm looking for reviews or comments about the rooms, amenities, food etc.
Aug 20th, 2005, 08:42 PM

I stayed there in 2002 and it was great. Very nice and comparable to 4 star hotels in America. They have a huge swimming pool in the back (which is sign of luxury in India w/ the water scarcity). The breakfast is included and is very nice. I don't know... I stayed there after spending 8 months in rural India so I thought I was in heaven. It will probably be different if coming directly from a Western country.
Aug 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM

Hotel is decent, location not great unless you are on a work trip and need to be in the vicinity...food wise too less choices outside the hotel than say at the Imperial or Maurya
Aug 22nd, 2005, 02:42 AM
Original Poster

I am there on business and most of my work is in that area. Since I would rather stay in South Delhi, I wasnt sure if I had any other choice..
Aug 22nd, 2005, 11:43 PM

The Oberoi and Hyatt Regency are both in South Delhi, much better properties, great restaurants in both.
Aug 24th, 2005, 01:16 AM

Nehru Place is not a great area, very congested. The Oberoi or the The Imperial are better choices. Hyatt is very good too.