Knoxville

Mar 8th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Lwc
Original Poster

Knoxville

Hi. I am traveling with a youth baseball team to Knoxville. The park we are playing at is the Knox County Sportspark. I would like to know if anyone knows what part of Knoxville it would be best to stay in. The address of the park is on Oak Ridge Hwy. Any hotel recommendations would be great. Thanks
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:12 AM

The ballpark looks like it's in the Karns area, so you might try there. I'm not sure what the hotel situation is like - it used to be more rural, although I believe it's grown since I left town for college several years ago. If you can't find anything there, I know there are lots of hotels in the Cedar Bluff area. It'll be a 15-20 minute drive to the ballpark, but close to the interstate (I-40/75) and lots of restaurants, etc.
Mar 8th, 2007, 08:28 AM

Is the address of the park 8050 Oak Ridge Hwy?
Mar 8th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Lwc
Original Poster

I think that is the right address. That is the same one I found on the web.
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:05 AM

According to mapquest, Cedar Bluff has the closest hotels, (5 miles away). As jent said, there are lots of hotels, restaurants, and businesses in Cedar Bluff. Are you looking for a place for the whole team? Are you planning to do anything besides play baseball?
Mar 8th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Lwc
Original Poster

Yes, we all like to stay in the same hotel. I would love to be able to do some other stuff, but I think our schedule will be wild. We are in KY and are driving down on a Friday after school. We will play Friday night, all day Saturday (more than likely 3 games) and again on Sunday. Good thing I love baseball. lol
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:06 PM

That's a great way to spend your time! Good luck in your games!

Do you ever use Trip Advisor? The hotels are listed in order of popularity with member reviews. There are many hotels that have Cedar Bluff in the name. You can get an idea of what's available and the cost. I'm guessing you probably get discounts when you travel as a team, but that's the best way to see what's available.

Sorry, I don't know much about the hotels since I live here. I stayed in the Holiday Inn Select Cedar Bluff the day I moved to Knoxville about eight yrs. ago. It was nice.
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:12 PM

There are a bunch of hotels right off I-75 that are close. I'm sorry, but I don't know the exit. We stayed at a HoJo. (Not recommended, but on a ball team budget you might consider it.)
Mar 8th, 2007, 01:41 PM

That's true - if you're coming from Kentucky, you could try the Western Avenue or Merchant Drive areas just off I-75. You wouldn't have to go through downtown that way. Western Avenue turns into Oak Ridge Highway, so it would be a straight shot to the ball field. I'm afraid I don't know that area well at all, as I grew up on the west side, but I believe there are several restaurants, etc. there. You'd also be closer to UT and downtown, if you did want to do any sightseeing.

Search this Thread