Longboat Key condo ?

Old Nov 13th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longboat Key condo ?

Can anyone suggest a good resort at the south end of Longboat key, not very very expensive , but not budget. My husband & i are visiting next May & would like to stay somewhere which is under four miles from Armand circle. I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Old Nov 14th, 2003, 02:25 AM

I'll top this for you and suggest that Long Boat Key is quite expensive, even for modest accomodations. Maybe Lido Key (where St. Armand's is located) would be less or the Sarasota mainland. I can't suggest anything as I have only stayed at Longboat Key Club and the Colony which are both pricey. May is a time when the rates might be a little less though. LMF
Old Nov 25th, 2003, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

We were thinking of up to $1100 a week. Will that be enough for a condo on Longboat Key or Lido Key? I have been looking at www.vrbo.com
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 05:08 AM

We recently stayed at the Radisson in Lido Beach and it was great! Stayed in the new tower and had a mini suite - full kitchen and beautiful beach front. It was about $200 per nite, but was well worth it!
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 08:51 AM
LN

Longboat Key is pretty expensive and you want the south end of the island which, unfortunately, is where the higher end market is. There is a web site listing all of the resorts and condos for rent - you can find that on a search on Google.com.

You could try the Colony Resort or for a condo you could try Veranda Beach - they're both very, very nice. A little cheaper try Turtle Crawl Inn.

I think if you give the search a shot you'll find some places that you'd like - you can always post those resort names and we'll give opinions on them.
Enjoy LBK!!!
Old Nov 26th, 2003, 03:45 PM
LN

Diane

I looked at Vrbo and some looked good. I know of Beachplace and also Inn at the beach and they're very nice. I think Inn at the Beach is on the northern 1/3 of the island. One that looked interesting since you wanted to be very close to St Armands Circle is the last one listed Longboat Key/Lido Key - the 3 bedroom house on Lido.

The islands there all have the most beautiful talcum powder beaches - so you'd probably just love it. Mote Marine Aquarium is also a great place to visit while there.
Old Nov 30th, 2003, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

We have been looking at a condo in the Aquarius Club Longboat Key. Has anyone else ever stayed there or knows someone who has ?