Search

LGA to Times Square

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LGA to Times Square

I've read all the posts about taxis vs. car service but haven't seen any posts where 4 people are traveling. We'll have one large and 3 smaller suitcases, and I am worried about whether they'll fit in a single vehicle. Does the regular taxi line include larger van-type taxis or only the standard yellow cab? Is a Dial7 sedan any larger than a regular taxi's trunk?
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 04:16 PM

NYC taxis are full size sedans - and unless the large suitcase is a steamer trunk the 4 people (one in the front) and the luggage will all fit. The standard car service vehicle is not any larger - if you want a larger one you have to pay extra. (If you're talking 1 30" and 4 28" that will not fit - but I can't imagine why you would be toting things that big around anyway.)

About 10% of NYC cabs are minivans - but I don;t think they really hold any more. And the SUVs are awful - they hold less and there's no leg room in the back.
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM

There are minivan yellow taxis that come to the regular taxi dispatch lines, but you may have to wait a while for one to show up.

Dial 7 and Carmel cars tend to be larger cars with huge trunks (I've often gotten Lincoln Town Cars)but the only way to guarantee that you'll get one big enough is to order a larger car (at a somewhat higher price)--tell them exactly how many people and how many pieces of luggage, and they'll figure it out
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 05:04 PM

If you truly have one large and 3 smaller suitcases, you should be okay with a normal yellow cab. Most of them have cavernous trunks.

Enjoy NYC!
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 06:14 PM
GoTravel

We've done four people with four large suitcases and other luggage just fine in a yellow cab.

Plenty of room.

Old Aug 5th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for the speedy responses!