Lambertville

Oct 6th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Original Poster

Lambertville

we are going to a wedding november in lambertville, new jersey/pennsylvania. the bride was nice enough to make 6mths reservations for her guests (but we are not obliged to stay at that particular inn at lambertville station). i have a few questions thati hope someone can help me out with:

1. can somebody give me names for an affordable B&B/hotels which is walking distance in lambertville. i think the wedding is in lambertville. we are out of towners and we can use any help and information.

2. we are flying from toronto to philadelphia, whats the best way to go to Lambertville from the philadelphia airport? we are travelling with a 1 year old. can you suggests transportation on the cheap side.

3. are there any resturants and cheap eats places in lambertville.

basically we havent booked our flights or made any hotel/inn reservations. so any help will be much appreciated!

we are on a tight budget as well.

thanks again.
khokho
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:29 AM

Hi there~
I live in Lambertville & can answer a few of your questions.

First, for cheap airport transportation I only know of the TRANSBRIDGE bus lines ($19 one way) but it goes to NEWARK AIRPORT, not Philadelphia Airport. I dont know of any transportation from PhilAirport to Lambertville. Into that airport you would have to rent a car.

Lambertville is a small city/town that is totally walkable. The town of New Hope is on the other side of the river and also easy to walk to and thru. THere are many beautidul B&Bs but unfortunatley they all look pretty fancy...I dont know any prices. (Both New Hope & Lambertville have websites that you can check out)

And as far as cheap eats, there are plenty of places. Ennis' deli, Pegs, three pizza, one mexican, lots of casual restaurants in New Hope along the main drag.

I hope someone else will be able to help you.
have fun!
Oct 6th, 2006, 08:31 AM

http://www.newhopepa.com/

We used to visit New Hope and Lambertville in the fall, it is a beautiful area and the towns are charming! There are nothing but B&Bs and pretty places to stay.
We stayed in a cottage in the woods one year with our two small children, I will see if I can find the name.
You will probably have to rent a car which is not a bad thing, you will want to drive around the area and sightsee..some very beautiful Historic sites in the vicinity.
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Original Poster

thanks alot guys, i have more information about the wedding:

its at Holly Hedge Estate. now suppose we fly into new wark, can you suggests a cheap/affordable hotel around holly hedge estate. we saw the best western inn at new hope, will that be closer to the Holly Hedge Estate?

thanks alot!
Oct 6th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Suerich68

Why not just call the wedding venue & ask them the nearest airport as well as any arrangements that might have been made with local hotels/motels/b&b's?

Oct 6th, 2006, 11:25 AM

It looks like the wedding is close to Route 263 and River Road, north of New Hope. This won't be walkable to anywhere, and I think you will really need to rent a car. Philadelphia Airport is closer than Newark. I kept getting an error when I tried to find the location of the Best Western so I can't comment on how close it is to Holly Hedge but it would probably be fine.
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:07 PM

The Holly Hedge is a lovely remote place nestled into the woods quite a few miles New Hope and Lambertville.
you will absolutely need a car to get there.

There is one motel in New Hope that has lower prices, check it out, I have had relatives stay there. It is basic and clean and charming.

http://www.newhopemotelinthewoods.com/

Unless someone from the wedding is going to drive you all around, you will have no choice but to rent a car.

Plus with a 1-year old, you will want to make sure you have car seat, etc.

THe bottom line, although Lambertville and New Hope are the most adorable walkable towns, this wedding is taking place way out in the boonies and a car will be needed.

good luck
Oct 6th, 2006, 12:16 PM

As NJriverchick mentioned, this area is suburban at best and mostly countryside (which is it's charm). This area does not have public transportation. Car travel is the norm. Also I think the rates at the Holly Hedge seem reasonable for the area, and there are not many choices in the immediate vicinity.

It's likely a 1.5-2 hour drive from Newark, NJ to New Hope depending on traffic. Philly is likely a little closer. You will definitely need to rent a car.

New Hope/Lambertville is an upscale area...there are many reasonable places to eat, but I guess that depends somewhat on your idea of "reasonable".

Good luck.

Oct 11th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

thank you all for your reply to my post. i think we have decided to fly to philly; the bride to be promises to pick us up from the airport and from the inn at the lambertville (we decide to stay there). she said she has rented a shuttle bus and would want everybody to stay in the same area.
thanks again. now i will be pissed if the bride to be doesnt pick us up.

chocho
Oct 11th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Yes, I'm sure the bride has nothing else to be concerned with other than picking you up that weekend.
Oct 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM

chocho, are you bringing a car seat with you? It is the law in the US that you must use one (it's probably the same in Canada, but I was not sure.)

Maybe the bride will get a volunteer to do the picking up. I think you will be very unhappy without a car in this area unless you will be spending every moment on wedding-related activites. Of course, I guess now you are staying right in Lambertville so you should be able to eat right in the town. It is a small town though and you will see all there is to see pretty quickly. You can hike along the canal as well.
Oct 11th, 2006, 12:00 PM

I doubt if a one year-old could appreciate this, but you might want to hitch a ride with one of the other local guests at the wedding....the Washington's Crossing State Park is just south of Lambertville. Aside from it's historic significance, the New Jersey side features a pretty little park to stroll around in, and I've seen many deer there in the past.

The Pennsylvania side has old cannons, historic buildings and an interesting little museum.

Lambertville and New Hope are both quaint little towns that you'll enjoy strolling around. Lots of shops, restaurants and fun things to see.

Although there is beautiful country surrounding the entire area, without a rental car you might not be able to see it all. But both towns are easy to get around on foot, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your brief visit.
Oct 17th, 2006, 05:14 AM

We are going to be in the area the first part of November and I came across this site, which has an enormous amount of information on various topics:

http://www.daytripsandrivertowns.com/
Oct 27th, 2006, 08:34 AM

rent a car - take the stress of both you and the bride
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:06 AM

hah, I think stars just got edited.
Oct 27th, 2006, 09:11 AM

Oh, goodness. I'm not sure what it was I said, but my apologies.
Oct 27th, 2006, 10:57 AM

no nevermind - I was thinking of another thread.
I must be half asleep...It is friday afterall.
Oct 27th, 2006, 07:00 PM

We just drove through Lambertville and New Hope yesterday on our way home to Virginia. It's a beautiful area, and it would be a shame to miss out on exploring around the area with your own wheels.

Take warm clothes!!!

Nov 17th, 2006, 01:13 PM

I can provide transportation from/to the airport. Please check out my website: apersonal-transport.com. The website will provide information on my business and my contact numbers. Restaurants are plentiful in Lambertville and New Hope, PA, which is just across the bridge from Lambertville. Thank you.