Lake Placid Lodging

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 01:01 PM
Mariya

Lake Placid Lodging

Our family with 7 year old kid will be in Lake Placid on 7/4 - 7/6. I've booked Howard Johnson Hotel in Lake Placid. Did anybody stayed there? Can somebody recomend another location and place to stay close to Lake Placid withing short drive (10-15 min), so may be we'll stay there, save some money and drive to Lake Placid.
Thanks. Mariya

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 01:30 PM
xxx

Try the Lake Placid Resort. I belive it is run by Holiday Inn Sunpree. You can get pretty good internet rates, it has an indoor pool for the kids and is in town. If you don't mind walking up a sttep hill, you can walk to almost everything in town. Thry also have a part of the beach which is only for resort guests. www.lakeplacidresort.com/intro.html

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Mary

My favorite place is the Mirror Lake Inn, right on Mirror Lake and within walking distance to town. Great spot. Both indoor and outdoor pools, great rooms, spa, bar, dining. The HJ is on a road leading out of town. The last time we were there we passed and it it looked nice and new however you will have to use your car to get into town and parking is a problem.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 03:02 PM
Vicki

We thought the Lake Placid "Resort" was a little rundown when we visited in April. The Best Western down on the main road seemed more attractive and centrally located.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 05:16 AM
Cheryl

My favorite places to stay in Lake Placid are the Mirror Lake Inn (right in the Village) and the Lake Placid Lodge about 5 minutes outside the village (a beautiful setting right on the shore of Lake Placid), however you may find the prices a bit steep. Here's a tip for the Mirror Lake Lodge ... inquire about staying at their "cottage" or "white house" which is directly across the street from the main lodge and actually directly on the shore of Mirror Lake... the rates may be less than staying in the main lodge and I like it better in the summer because you are right on the water.

I would also recommend the Best Western which is very nice, right in the village of Lake Placid on the shores of Mirror Lake. Also look into the Hilton which is nice. You should be able to get lower rates at Best Western and Hilton than Mirror Lake Inn and Lake Placid Lodge.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Gretchen

I agree with Cheryl completely.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 07:12 AM
Mariya

Thanks to everybody.
Mariya