Search

Keystone Gateway condo

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keystone Gateway condo

Hi

We've rented a Gateway penthouse condo (two families) and wondered if anyone had stayed there and how the kid's ski school is at River Run since that's where the condo is.

thanks

ajp
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 09:27 AM

Hello Peykoff, I have never stayed at the Gateway but have been inside; they are very nice newer units, though next to the main road. Keystone has a great ski school. A couple of things, they allow you to preregister on-line though we still had to fill out the same forms at the school. Perhaps they have improved that. Get there early to avoid long lines, if possible get your equipment the night before. There is an equipment rental in the same blg as your condo. It is always a good idea to have siblings in separate lessons, also have heard comments that kids were placed in inappropriate levels, so speak with the instructor to ensure proper placement. Be frank in your assessments of there abilities. As always a good instructor will appreciate a tip at the end of the lesson. Another thing is if your taking advantage of the ?passport? it does include a ?kid?s night out? be sure to make your reservation early as it can get booked up at busy times. Have fun I love Keystone.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 09:28 AM

for some reason it made question marks out of my quotes?
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 11:45 AM

Personally - I wouldn't stay at Gateway.... As indicated above - it's right on the main road... and looks like what it is - a strip mall. But if you are commited, don't worry. It will be fine. As far as the ski school, if they've never skied, the school at mountain house is better (not just because my husband teaches there! - they have a much larger beginner hill.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 01:02 PM

Julie, i have noticed that they are doing all sorts of work at the beginner hill, building jumps and such. Is that temporary, for some special event? or are they planning on moving it? I agree that it is a better area than the small area at the top.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 01:24 PM

I think all that stuff they are doing on the beginner hill is for the new boarding park. There was an article in the lastest newsletter about it.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks..I'll preregister as that helped last year when we were in Steamboat. It's good to get an insider's perspective. For the price, newness and location, we'll stay there and have already sent deposit. We'll see how far it is to the other ski school (shuttle ride?) as it's the Dads who will be dropping off and the moms going to a conference each a.m.
Old Aug 27th, 2003, 05:23 AM

The children's ski area at River Run has been improved - still just not as big as mountain house.
The terrain park has been relocated and tons of other on mountain improvements.
I'm quite sure the ski school in keystone requires a helmet. You should rent one anyway - and if it is required this will also save you time. Depending on age - I'm pretty sure poles won't be required or probably won't be allowed.