Key west attraction info needed.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know of a web site that offers a package deal for the Key West tour sites such as Hemmingway's house, the Conch Train tour, Truman's white house, etc.? We're also intrested in taking a bike tour of the island if anyone has info on that. Plus, any info on the Dry Tortugas would be great (I'm concerned that the long trip isn't worth it and/or my 13 year old will think it's boring). Thanks.
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 06:35 AM

You might try this site http://shophta.com/acb/stores/15/cat...Category_ID=14

It includes the attractions you mention, but frankly I'm not sure a 13 year old would enjoy all these places. There are other things that might be more entertaining: a glass bottom boat ride, Ripley's Believe It Or Not (yes it's corny, but might be fun for a teen), the sunset celebrations, and even the Butterfly Conservatory. I definitely wouldn't purchase anything but the least expensive packages.

To my knowledge, there's no bike tour of the island. It's only 2 by 4 miles, so the Conch Train Tour covers it fairly completely.

I haven't done the Dry Tortugas trip yet, but when my husband and I finally go - we've been talking about it for years - we'll take the seaplane. It's quite expensive, but apparently worth it.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:41 AM

Sharon Wells does walking/biking tours of Key West. www.seekeywest.com

She also publishes a handy magazine that's available at some of the B&B's that lists lots of self guided walking and/or biking tours. We enjoy renting bikes and circling the island on our own, stopping at Captain Harvey's Runaground for a beer at Garrison Bight. He's a character, and the bar/restaurant is a small barge on the water.
Old Mar 28th, 2005, 03:51 AM

At one time the Moped Hospital had very interesting bike tours. Check with them when you get there.
Take the Conch Train tour (NOT the trolley) for a good over view of the city and its history. Mel Fisher's museum that shows some of the gold & jewels from the Spanish Galleon Atocha (and others) along with some history of pirates, might interest your 13 yo. Go to Sunset @ Mallory Square and watch for the trained house cats (Dominique)and the Golden Retriever that does some great tricks, and the other street performers.
Old Mar 31st, 2005, 11:05 AM

Check out www.gotothekeys.com
They have info on everything you are looking for. Look for the Passports (museum tickets at a discounted rate) under the attractions section.