Search

Key West water tour

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Key West water tour

I will be in Key West and Marathon next week. Is there a good way to see Key West by water..i.e. jet ski tour or boat?
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 07:20 AM

Both tours are available, but Key West is TINY!!! The best way to see it is on foot.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 09:37 AM

Yes you do need to walk around town in key west to really "see it". But the views from the water are also a different experince and a very beautiful sight.

As susan said there are many many different options of water tours available (big boats, little boats, jet skis, paddle boats, wave runners etc). Once your are there you will find advertisements all over the place.

When we went in May, we did a small boat tour from a marina out on stock island. Sorry can't remember the name, but it just over the bridge to the right. It was fun and I would do it again. The boats were small (maybe 10 to 12 foot) and seated two. We went out in a group with a tour leader that took us to all different points around key west and several of the small nearby island. We snorkeled in two different places as well. The tour lasted about 3 hours.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 02:30 PM

How about renting a bike or moped, getting a map, or the walking tour map and seeing Key West that way. Great way to get into some of the back streets that you might otherwise miss. We did a bike tour with a fellow from the Moped Hospital and it was a blast. Learned a lot too and we've been going there for 25 years.
Old Sep 4th, 2003, 02:51 PM

Here is a site to check for ways to see the island:

www.SEE-FloridaKeys.com

There are numerous other sites, too. Just enter "Florida Keys touristm" to search for them.

I enjoyed the Bone Island Shuttle, if you get some good drivers, they'll turn a simple shuttle into a basic "tour" and give some info. There are tours you can take, but the shuttle lets you off and on at different sites. And if the heat gets too unbearable, you can just jump on the air conditioned shuttle and see KW in style....LOL