Key West Accomodations

Search

Key West Accomodations

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Juli

Key West Accomodations

Hi Guys:

Can anyone give me advice or a review on The Southernmost on the Beach Hotel?? Looking for a hotel on beach for about $150/per night and this place seems to fit the bill. Any other suggestions?

If you have a second also, what is your favorite must see of Key West for a first time visitor?

Also, has anyone every taken the Capt.Seaweed Charters Dolphin Excursion/Snorkel?

Thanks for any input
Juli

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 02:54 PM
Search

Do a search. There is more info here than you could possibly need.

Old Jul 26th, 2002, 07:41 PM
Barbara

We paid $90 on Priceline for the Wyndham Reach Hotel - right next to the Southernmost.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 03:29 AM
Scott

90 is way to much for that piece of crap of a hotel. It is way run down for my money.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 04:12 AM
juli

Search:

I did search and only found 1 reply directly addressing Southernmost on the beach, not southernmost hotel. 2 different properties. Is there somewhere else I should look, if not please I need some feedback before I book.

thanks any info is appreciated
JK

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Grglnswsh

Southernmost on the Beach is a wonderful choice! They just went through some renovations and I have heard many times that the rooms are some of the nicest on the island and I have to agree. It is a very nice property. I like the location as it is on the quiet end but you are still close enough to walk to most anything of interest. The beach over there is also very nice (for down here).

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 05:05 AM
susan

Juli - Grglnswsh is right. I've heard nothing but glowing reviews of Southernmost on the Beach since its renovation. The only possible disadvantage is that it's quite a distance to the Gulf, which is the center of Key West activity.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 05:32 AM
Barbara

Scott - the Wyndham Reach is very nice. There have been several posts lately that agree with me. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Misss

Where?! The best way to enjoy Key West and get the true laid back feel is with B&B or guest house. The group who owns Southernmost on the Beach also have two B&Bs on the beach called La Mere and The Dewy House.

Old Jul 27th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Letsskip

Do a search on this board for Wyndham Reach. You will find several favorable, and one negative, first-hand reviews of the Reach from people who've stayed there recently.

And there's an awful lot of people who don't like the B&B/guest-house experience.