Kauai Hawaii

Jul 29th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Original Poster

Kauai Hawaii

Message: Has anyone rented puu poa#112 on Kauai? How is the wheather on north shore of kauai in may?Thank you Marta

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Kal

Alohaaa,
I suggest using the "search this forum" to see past postings on these condos. Just type in puu poa condos and you'll get some good stuff....maybe AuntiM will help you out once she wakes up?

The weather in May is probably the tail end on the rainy season.
Mucho mahalos!
Jul 29th, 2004, 07:43 AM
bonniebroad

Marticka1, here is a description of Kauai's weather from "another travel site" (sorry, Fodor's! ):

"The Weather--Because Kauai lies at the edge of the tropical zone, it technically has only two seasons, both of them warm. The dry season corresponds to summer, and the rainy season generally runs during the winter from November to March. It rains every day somewhere in the islands at any time of the year, but the rainy season can cause "gray" weather and spoil your tanning opportunities. Fortunately, it seldom rains for more than 3 days straight, and rainy days often just consist of a mix of clouds and sun, with very brief showers.

The year-round temperature usually varies no more than 15?F (9?C), but it depends on where you are. Kauai is like a ship in that it has leeward and windward sides. The leeward sides (the west and south) are usually hot and dry, whereas the windward sides (east and north) are generally cooler and moist. If you want arid, sunbaked, desertlike weather, go leeward. If you want lush, often wet, junglelike weather, go windward. Your best bet for total year-round sun is the Poipu coast.

Kauai is also full of microclimates, thanks to its interior valleys, coastal plains, and mountain peaks. If you travel into the mountains, it can change from summer to winter in a matter of hours, because it's cooler the higher up you go. In other words, if the weather doesn't suit you, go to the other side of the island -- or head into the hills."

In May, it will probably be drop-dead gorgeous, with just enough showers to keep it lush, on the North Shore!

Jul 29th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Kal

bb,
"Kauai" and "lush" right after my post? Wazzup with that? :-"
Jul 29th, 2004, 08:13 AM
bonniebroad

Sorry, Kal! Me and my big mouth, huh?

Jul 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM

May on Kauai's north shore should be heavenly.
Jul 31st, 2004, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your wonderful timely posts. I am so looking forward to my trip and I will definitely keep you and everyone else posted.
Jul 31st, 2004, 03:58 PM

Aloha Marta,

We stayed at Pu'u Po'a a few years ago. I don't know the unit # but we were on the ground floor w/ 2 lanai patios.

Great cliff top views, spotless clean and very spacious (roughly 1000 sqft). We loved the location. It was quiet there. Great hike to beach below. The pool was ok, nothing great... we spent most of our time beach hopping and exploring... really didn't use the pool much.

Do you have a website that you are looking at photos of this unit? I can take a peek and let you know if it's the same one.

Also, PP is a short walk to the Princeville Resort... very convenient.

You will love the north shore in May...
I was there about 6 years ago over Memorial Day weekend and it was glorious... of course expect an AM shower here & there, rainbows, and floral fragrance everywhere!

Happy planning... aloha! This leaves me longing for Hanalei!
Jul 31st, 2004, 09:54 PM
Original Poster

Thank you for your replies.The website is www.kauaivacationrentals.com
pu'u po'a#112 Thanks Marta