Kauai - A/C needed in Sept??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be on Kauai the first week of September and are wondering whether we really need to have A/C in the condo. It seems that other than the big hotels, accomodations on Kauai are non-air conditioned. How hot/humid does it get on the island in September? We are interested in staying on the north side (Sea Lodge, The Cliffs..). Any advice is much appreciated! Many thanks.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM

A/C helps with the humidity.
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 05:01 PM

open the windows and the doors and enjoy the sea breezes!
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 11:43 AM

Arina,
We generally stay at the Cliff's in late June, early August and have never needed A/C. That said, we are always in a 3rd floor unit. Breezes are wonderful
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 01:27 PM

Arina, We stayed at the Sea Lodge in May, I'm not sure how the weather compares, but it was pretty darn hot when we were there. We had one of the only condos in Sea Lodge that had A/C and we did not use it a single time! It's the perfect location, just open up your windows and let the breezes come in. Even if yours is not ocean-facing (like ours was) you'll still be able to catch a nice breeze coming in off of the water.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 02:08 PM
iceeu2

Where do you live and what are you normally accustomed to doing?

As for us, we are pretty well a/c dependent. We live in Georgia where it is hot and humid, so we are just accustomed to sleeping in the quiet and cool.

But, if I got a great t/s deal at SeaLodge, The Cliffs or Shearwater, etal on the north shore, I would have to rethink if I really needed the a/c or not.

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 04:21 AM
bonniebroad

If heat and humidity REALLY bother you ... then I would want the A/C, I wouldn't take a chance. We were in the Hawaiian Islands a few years ago the first week of October, and the tradewinds had practically stopped (unusual, but it happens.) Summer there is May through October, and you know how freakish the weather has been everywhere lately. You'd probably be fine without the A/C on the north shore at that time but only you know how bothered you'd be if you got stuck with hot, humid weather. Good luck ...

Old Jul 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks to all of you for your replies. I think we'll go with the top floor corner unit at the SeaLodge (no a/c) and hope for the winds. The view from there is just too hard to resist..