Kauai

Old Feb 27th, 2011, 02:25 AM
skj
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kauai

I am looking for suggestions regarding condos in Kauai. This would be for an April visit and we are looking for something that is clean, has a kitchen and a washer/dryer. We don't need luxury because we will be out exploring during the day. We enjoy having breakfast on the lanai, packing sandwiches for lunch before we leave and then we try to purchase fresh fish to grill for dinner. Any help would be appreciatred. Thanks.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 03:25 AM

www.alternative-hawaii.com

many nice options for you.

Prefer the north shore prettier better less

touristic more natural upscale vibe than the south

though cheaper there.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 05:22 AM

I've stayed at a condo at Poipu Palms on the southside. An oceanfront complex that is very small and reasonably priced. I found it clean and with a great view. I liked it very much. On the opposite shore, I rented a house in Princeville through vrbo on the golf course. It was very reasonably priced because of the lack of view, however, I found it quiet and in good shape. The complex also had a pool. It was perfect for the "gone all day exploring but need a good base" type of person.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 08:21 AM

I have had a good experience booking condos on Kauai through suite-paradise.com. The specific condos I stayed in were in the Poipu Kai complex. They were very nice and in a good location. They had AC. Most condos in Kauai don't.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 11:44 AM

If you want a central location, the Pono Kai Resort has individually owned condos that can be reserved through a management service. If you care about weather, Poipu Beach is consistently warmer than other parts of the island, try the Suite Paradise units. Reasonably priced with kitchens and w/dryers. Since you'll be out exploring, we've found the Kauai Trailblazer is the best guidebook to use, so well organized. You'll never run out of things to do on Kauai. Have fun.
Old Feb 27th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Kal

Ditto cental location with condos avaialble from the Wailua River up to and a bit past Pono Kai in Kapaa.

Within walking distance to some very good and inexpensive restuarants. Like Trees Lounge!